Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2005, 18:39   #31

Re: Hi all

No Garinda he was a mate though. Lived in Accy up till he was 20, used to drink in the Hargreaves with him, (and numerous other reprobates).
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2005, 18:44   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy
No Garinda he was a mate though. Lived in Accy up till he was 20, used to drink in the Hargreaves with him, (and numerous other reprobates).
Lol, cool small world. I remember going to The Castle in Blackburn and he used to be there with his mate, a David Sylvian clone called Nigel.

I'm glad it's not you, as him and his mates from his Graphics course hated me for being a pretentious ******, and held an exhibition outside King Goerges Hall pretending to mimic my work. Don't know where they got that idea from????

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2005, 19:02   #33
Junior Member+

Hi StanAccy Yes made it finally.

Gayle, I'm so impressed at your cat's name!! I'm in heaven on here! Think we might need an '80s musical memories' thread......or carry on posting on my introduction thread, then I look popular hehe
Klactoveesedstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2005, 19:02   #34

Blimey could have been 2 of them then. Cause the one I knew went to Accy College and then started work at some engineering company I think.

(Don't know what's scarier David Sylvian clone or Gary Numan, good job there wasn't a Phil Oakey one to give you a full set )
Old 29-12-2005, 19:04   #35

Oh no musical memories

Those scary clothes and even worse dancing
Old 29-12-2005, 19:06   #36
Junior Member+

Erm I think you'll find David Sylvian was once voted 'Most beautiful man in the world' and how I agree.......<swoon> Used to have a Smash Hits poster of him on my bedroom wall hehe
Old 29-12-2005, 19:14   #37

Maybe, but still find the idea of folk trying to be him scary

Maybe because I couldn't have looked like anyone at that age except possibly someone with sad hair in a band like Samson or Saxon
Old 29-12-2005, 20:35   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
When I was doing art foundation at Blackburn before moving away, the number of local 80's weirdos was quite small, myself included of course.

There was a Gary Numan clone in Clayton, or Harwood, a year older than me, I hope it's not you!
This thread is getting a bit scary. I did my art foundation at Blackburn as well. I'm guessing that as I'm 41 and you're 40 I was there the year before you.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2005, 23:09   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
This thread is getting a bit scary. I did my art foundation at Blackburn as well. I'm guessing that as I'm 41 and you're 40 I was there the year before you.
OMG,but I did the pre foundation course as well, so we must have been there at the same time. We need to swap names, unless you were a hippy chick then, and I would have looked down on you.

Old 29-12-2005, 23:16   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
OMG,but I did the pre foundation course as well, so we must have been there at the same time. We need to swap names, unless you were a hippy chick then, and I would have looked down on you.
I was a goth! Used to wear a lot of dark eyeliner!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2005, 23:27   #41
Give, give, give member

What year did you leave, 81, or 82? I left 83.

Better pm we'll get told off for mafia chatting.

Old 30-12-2005, 18:06   #42

Gayle is right this is getting scary, everyone is 2 - 3 years younger than me
Old 30-12-2005, 19:17   #43
God Member

Hello and welcome to Accy web Klac.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2005, 21:51   #44
Full Member+

Talking Re: Hi all

I remember a David Sylvian clone from the New Era , but she was a girl! There were quite a few Numanoids, male and female and a Phil Oakey lookalike. Short, podgy but Russ did have the hair. Gayle was a Boy George lookalike... no offence!
Old 31-12-2005, 09:14   #45
Junior Member+

Oh how I love this New Romantic nostalgia! I also have fond memories of another good night out, the Kurfew Klub which was held at the Berkeley on Thursday nights round about late 80s? Anyone remember that? Every time I hear Homicide by 999 I think of that place.......<drifts off yet again into more musical memories>

« Hello | hi im new »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..