Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Howdy!

Welcome RD hope you enjoy I'm glad about the info on 247 thought it was me, but evidently not
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2008, 17:51   #32

Hello & welcome
Old 03-02-2008, 19:22   #33

hello rag dolly welcome to accyweb i think i recognize u from 247
Old 06-02-2008, 17:16   #34
Roy
Administrator

Blackburn 247 is still running on its server and can be accessed if you use its DNS server.
Follow the instructions found here How to Change Your DNS Settings and add the IP 203.169.139.84 as name server. Then go to http://www.blackburn247.com as normal....
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 20:51   #35
Junior Member+

looks hard work and im on vista anyway
Old 08-02-2008, 22:26   #36

I tried that Roy and it was above little me lol I just couldn't do it.

Do you know if 247 is coming back?
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 00:21   #37

Howdy folks. Blackburn247.com will be back at some point. I'll explain in more detail what's happened as I get a few emails a day from different people...

1) Domain needs to be renewed. Not that the registrars bothered to prompt me but I saw it coming so acted accordingly.
2) I contact the registrars, they don't reply. This happens quite a few times. I'm very busy so can do little about it but email once per day.
3) The domain eventually expires. They take the site offline. I get in touch with them and ask them to renew it. They say I need to add new card details (which I know, but up till now they haven't responded!) and that's the problem. They give me an 'all new' web page to do this at that makes payment 'even easier' so they tell me.
4) I add new card details. Then click pay. Their site says that it can't be paid for, because my details aren't yet on their new server (even though I just put them in). Click a button to do so. So I click it and end up back on their home page. It didn't work. I do this twice, failing twice.
5) I contact them and ask them to renew manually, now that their system has my new card details.
6) I get a reply saying "yes we have your details, but you haven't provided a security question." It needs to be filled into their new system, I've never had to do this before.
7) I log back into their system, which is broken, but I go through the process just to humor them and get the damn website back online. I add a security question and answer.
8) I contact them to say can you please NOW renew the frickin domain? (without the caps and the 'frickin')
9) I get an email asking me what the security answer is.
10) I tell them the security answer.
11) I hear nothing for 5 days, tomorrow will be the 6th day. In that time I've sent five emails.

What a set of, pardon my language, cocks.

Ipowerweb.com are really good I can't recommend them enough as a set of class act domain registrars
Old 09-02-2008, 01:02   #38

A temporary solution:

http://www.pleasedsheep.com/bb247/forums/
Old 11-02-2008, 19:44   #39

It's back: Blackburn 247

That temporary solution I provided a couple of days ago is now offline, please use the normal domain.

Thanks to Roy for helping our members out
Old 12-02-2008, 01:23   #40
God Member

hi ragdoll and welcome
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:15   #41
Resting in Peace

Hi rag_dolly and welcome to our mad world on accyweb

Last edited by Ber999T; 12-02-2008 at 04:16. Reason: blessed are we without the typos LOL
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..