Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 22:54   #1
Junior Member+

Intro

i LIVED IN ACCY UNTILL ABOUT 16 YEARS AGO, NOW LIVE IN PLYMOUTH.LIVED AT ROYDS ST, FERN GORE, VICTORIA ST(WHICH I AM TOLD HAS BEEN DEMOLISHED. I WENT TO SCHOOL AT OAK HILL, PEEL PARK JUNIORS, AND WOULD BE INTERESTED TO TALK TO ANYONE WHO LIVES IN ACCY NOW OR IN THE PAST, LEAVE MESSAGE, LATERS!
GLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2004, 10:07   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Hello Glen and welcome. I also went to Peel Park, left in 1979. Which year did you leave?
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2004, 12:19   #3
Senior Member+

Hi Glen, welcome to accyweb.
Old 13-01-2004, 12:37   #4
mez
God Member

hi glen this a good site to be on , enjoy it we do
Old 18-01-2004, 20:33   #5
Junior Member+

Talking

Hey Lettie, thanx for your message, so you left peel park in 79, i think i left there around 83 or 84. we were probably there at the same time ?? small world eh. We used to go to school with ghetto blasters and bits of manky old lino and try to impress each other breakdancing in the playground at breaktime, silly eh Was mr King head when you were there? He hated me as i was a bit of a ******. He once ran up behind me and kicked me up the backside, these days he would get sued for it but if id have told my dad i would have got another kick up the arse for sure. So what are you up to now, do you still live in accy?? I still have family there and at Rishton and Burnley but dont get up much now, not for years. We live in plymouth now and am almost a fully fledged southern shandy, what i really miss is the snow, i havent seen snow for about 5 years. its like being on holiday all the time down here.anyway talk to you again, can you do live chat on here or is it just messages?? if so leave a time/day, and ill meet you here and we can have a prper chinwag. see you later Lettie, take care,Glen
GLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 08:34   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Hiya Glen,

We had a chatroom on the old site, but it wasn't used very often. Not sure about this site yet, haven't had time to have a really good browse through it yet. Mr Paris was our headmaster when I left Peel Park. My sisters were also at the school, but younger than me. The youngest being Samantha Gregory, who left in 1983 ish. She is an accountant now. I work as a midwife in the Hyndburn area, and my other sister Joanne is a pharmacy technician at Blackburn Royal Infirmary, so we have all done ok. Some of the teachers I remember from Peel are, Mr Dickinson, Mr Rawlinson, Mrs Phillips, Mrs Clark, Mrs Harwood and there's bound to be others I've forgotten.
Catch you again sometime.
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..