Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2013, 01:48   #1

Introduction

Hi from Les Varis. I am interested in making contact with keen followers of Acc Cricket club, particularly players of the 1972 season. I have fond memories of my time at the club
Les Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2013, 07:41   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Introduction

Hi les welcome to the site. I followed em but in the 60s got wed in 72 moved away, I go occasionally now, one or two keen uns on here, maybe before their time?
Old 17-08-2013, 09:42   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Varis View Post
Hi from Les Varis. I am interested in making contact with keen followers of Acc Cricket club, particularly players of the 1972 season. I have fond memories of my time at the club
Welcome aboard Les....no doubt Lindsay will contact you shortly, her dad was (sadly deceased this year) and I guess herself too best described as stalwarts of Accrington CC

I see Dave Parsons (Percy) and Ian Wilcox from time to time in the Forts Arms
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 12:45   #4
Senior Member+

ow do, and welcome
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 13:59   #5
Resting in Peace

Hello and welcome
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 16:09   #6
Senior Member+

Hi , 1972 was more my dad's era , I was only 5 then ! Come along to a firsts match, tomorrow we have every chance of winning the league with 4 games in hand! Sure I'll be able to find you some of your old mates!
I'll be sat in front of pavilion or just ask behind the bar and someone will point me out!

Lindsay
Old 17-08-2013, 16:20   #7
Senior Member+

Just googled you as spotted on Lancs League website that you pro'd for us! Chances are you still live in Aus then! let me have the names of some of the folks you remember and I'll try to track them down, I'll ask around tomorrow. Shame you didn't make contact before April this year,sure my Dad would have known all about you!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..