Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 15:45   #16
God Member

Re: My introduction

Welcome To The Jungle
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2011, 18:53   #17
God Member

An avatar for our new member
Attached Images
File Type: gif Life-is-pain.gif (5.5 KB, 64 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 19:08   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
An avatar for our new member
Like it Margaret
Old 12-02-2011, 05:54   #19
Junior Member+

Hello, I visit the temple and Priory at Ulverston and the Peace Cafe. But am not a Buddhist. All change is new change, and sometimes we learn from forced changes. Glad to be a member.
Historicymatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:08   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historicymatters View Post
Hello, I visit the temple and Priory at Ulverston and the Peace Cafe. But am not a Buddhist. All change is new change, and sometimes we learn from forced changes. Glad to be a member.
Sounds like you're not even glad to be alive
Old 14-02-2011, 01:28   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Some people just wallow in their victim mentality.
Negative thoughts attract negative situations.
As a person who professes to have read about buddism he ought to know that.

I suspect he is attempting to provoke sympathy - he doesn't get mine.
Well wow, you really know how to make a new member feel welcome don't you?

I didn't say I'd read about buddhism, I just stated what its first noble law is.

Most of my post was just intended to be lightly humourous but you really went for my jugular, didn't you?

And Jaysay popping up there after everything you say, agreeing with you? Hmm, it really gives me the impression that there is a clique operating here and anything I say is going to get jumped on and hammered into the ground.

Yeah, I think I see the score here.

So much for "Welcome to Accyweb!" More like "You are not welcome to Accyweb, the regulars have taken a dislike to you based on the fact that you smell new and different."

Last edited by ExistenceIsSuffering; 14-02-2011 at 01:34.
ExistenceIsSuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 07:50   #22
God Member

You said you were only in Accrington because you had fallen on hard times, and you don't like living here.
You described yourself as a moaner.
How much more negative can you get?

If you were just extracting urine, it would have been better not to have done it in your 1st post.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 08:52   #23
Super Moderator

Welcome to Accyweb and peace, man. Dig the good vibes.

I couldn't possibly interest you in coming to watch our local football club, could I?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 09:50   #24
Junior Member+

I came to Accrington for a family funerl and left a friend. What more can I say. Our reasons for our negative or hurtful stages sometimes lie hidden. To be truthful is better than to be an imposter. Many Accrington people have no choice but to stay and be unemployed, lonely or be individualised. I joined for harmony. The Peace Cafe does give me that as not full of moaners but inspired people. Welcome is a word that is inviting, 'Make' it so says Mr Spock.
Old 14-02-2011, 09:52   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceIsSuffering View Post

I didn't say I'd read about buddhism, I just stated what its first noble law is.

Most of my post was just intended to be lightly humourous but you really went for my jugular, didn't you?

And Jaysay popping up there after everything you say, agreeing with you? Hmm, it really gives me the impression that there is a clique operating here and anything I say is going to get jumped on and hammered into the ground.

So much for "Welcome to Accyweb!" More like "You are not welcome to Accyweb, the regulars have taken a dislike to you based on the fact that you smell new and different."
Me and Margaret in the same cliqueya reight Me Less and Margaret
Old 14-02-2011, 09:57   #26
Junior Member+

I too worked with the Gurkhas in Germany and still know a lot of them. Dave, nice to know our lads too. Bielefeld, JHQ, BAOR and AFCENT. Nice to read of you in Germany. Keep up the good work.
Old 14-02-2011, 10:31   #27
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Look there are plenty of new folk come on accyweb everyday, Some start off optimistic and become disenchanted after a few posts. You cut through the red tape you came on disenchanted and went down hill from there.

Quote:
If you haven't read about it, how do you know that any of their laws are 'noble'?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I can see you and mags getting on like a house on fire, perhaps I need to start a book on how long before you join the rest of us on the 'ignore list!

P.S. head for the introduce yourself section and find some friends, quickly.
I did warn you.

Quote:
If you were a long suffering accyweb member and you would know jaysays humour.

Quote:

No you don't know the score, you came on with your form of depressive humour and when it was met with accyweb members humour, something you get to know as you experience it, you spit your dummy out& think everyone is against you, wrong, you started it we just continued with it.
Now either grow a little, have a little patience, get used to us, give us a chance to get used to you, THEN you can spit your dummy out as much as you want.

Or

Go away to some remote corner stick your thumb in your mouth and mumble the mantra of the accyweb calm rooms first noble law:-

Nobody loves me, everybody hates me I think I'll go and eat worms.

Last edited by Less; 14-02-2011 at 10:34.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 10:36   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historicymatters View Post
I came to Accrington for a family funerl and left a friend. What more can I say. Our reasons for our negative or hurtful stages sometimes lie hidden. To be truthful is better than to be an imposter. Many Accrington people have no choice but to stay and be unemployed, lonely or be individualised. I joined for harmony. The Peace Cafe does give me that as not full of moaners but inspired people. Welcome is a word that is inviting, 'Make' it so says Mr Spock.
I quite agree! I can feel the harmony flowing already. Welcome to Accyweb.

I couldn't possibly interest you in coming to watch our local football club, could I?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 13:49   #29
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Standards Wynn ! Relentlessly pursuing new converts, you're like a stick of "Stanley Rock" Hopefully you'll get your disciples. His-Matt the Gurkhas are a fine crowd & they accepted me without reserve despite being different & Exi the same goes for the folk on here don't pre judge, please, take a proper part in it (Accy Web) & see what happens.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 14:26   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

oh dear another newbie know all that knows nowt, if yeh had took the trouble to look around the forum before engaging yer gob yeh would see those regulars yeh refer too disagree on many things frequently, put yer dummy back in n look around.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..