Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bob Dobson
  • 1 Post By ossy kid
  • 1 Post By davemac
  • 1 Post By odders

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2017, 08:59   #1
Junior Member+

newby

Hi everyone
I'm Susan from Wigan, but ancestors on my dads side are from all around Accrington and surrounding areas.
I came across a post from this website while I was doing research on my ancestors the Walmsleys.
It looked a great site and I thought and hoped it would help me with my missing pieces?
well I live in hope.
suebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2017, 09:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: newby

Tell us more, Susan. Names ? addresses ? schools ? dates ? Lots of 'Wams' in and around Acc. See the Lancashire Family History Society's website. On the home page is a turquoise box - click on and it allows you to contact society members who are researching the name.
suebeth likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 14:40   #3
Senior Member+

Welcome suebeth, put your questions in the Lost friends section, I'm sure someone will help you "dig up" your lost family?
suebeth likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:17   #4
Junior Member+

Thank you bob, soz for delay had trouble logging back in, tried on my mobile at first my password seemed too long, then probs carried on when I tried on my laptop.
Just managed.
I didn't do too much info as I didn't want to be in trouble with my first post, still finding my feet.
Thank you ossy, I think dig is the right word Ha ha
suebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:41   #5
Senior Member+

ow do, and welcome
suebeth likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 19:33   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:00   #7
Senior Member+

Suebeth - take Ossykid's advice - start again in Lost Friends section
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 19:02   #8

Welcome
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:22   #9

Question Re: newby

Hi, I am not sure if I am on the right place , for my Question .I was born I am told in Wittington Hospital 8 July 1945 , my mother ( now deceased ) lived I am given to understand in Nuzden House ? .
Maybe flats or beds sits . As I was illegitamet and it was just at the end of the war, I have little information .
I am hoping you good folk could give me an idea where this hospital would be and also Nuzden House .
With many thanks in anticipation ,
Kind regards , jannos
jannos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:27   #10

Jannos start a thread in lost family and friends, and use the introduction section aswell my friend so people might recognise you
jannos likes this.

Last edited by odders; 09-07-2017 at 12:30.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 19:18   #11

Welcome
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

« sf graham | Hullo »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..