Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2003, 15:18   #16
Junior Member+

Post Re: sf graham

[smiley=ello.gif] HI
Old 13-05-2004, 05:25   #17

Re: sf graham

Welcome to the group
Angel 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2004, 10:58   #18

hi im becki* i go to moorhead high school right next to st. christophers and my cousin is in year 3 at st. andrews! how do u introduce urself?
Old 13-05-2004, 11:19   #19
Senior Member+

Hi Becki, welcome to accyweb hope you have fun, check out the arcade to play games.
Old 14-05-2004, 03:11   #20

Hi Steve..I remember you and I think you had a sister Elaine??
I too went to Saint Andrews..I remember it like it was yesterday LOL..Linda
Pheonixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 16:16   #21
AGB

Hi, Alan Brown here, from Scalby, near Scarborough. I am very late to this thread, by about 14 years! However, I went to Saint Andrew's school from 1956 until 1962. Miss Catlow ran the junior part and Mr. Vallis was indeed overall head. He had a beige Ford Popular car, Miss Simpkin taught the first year of the seniors and I recall played the piano, for the assemblies. I think there was also a Mrs. Kenyon. There was also a teacher of the reception class, whose name won't come back to me.
Miss Simpkin became the first head of Saint Nicholas's school, when Saint Andrew's closed. We knew when it was morning break time as Miss Simpkin had a gas burner on a shelf in the front right hand corner of the room, which she would light and boil some milk for 'proper' coffee, teaching us for a final few minutes, before letting us go for our own break.
I attended Saint Christopher;s from 1962 until 1967. I knew and became a good friend with Miss Richardson, now sadly deceased, as are Mrs. Thornton, Mr. Jolleys and many others of the time. Miss Richardson married Father Franklin, formerly of Saint Peter's Church, Accrington after she had moved to be senior mistress of Ripley Saint Thomas school, Lancaster and Father Franklin had moved to be vicar of Carnforth. I met Mrs. Ormerod, who taught maths and technical drawing at a school speech night about ten years ago. Mrs. Ormerod replaced Mrs. Richards, who taught geography, as senior mistress, when Mrs. Richards died, in post, of leukaemia. Mr. Robins who taught RE after Miss Richardson is still alive and living in Whalley.
I had a good friend at Saint Andrew's the time, David Schofield. From Saint Christopher's, I knew Kevin Hallworth, with whom I have contact
I lived in Dill Hall Lane from birth (1951) and moved to Leeds in 1973. My sister Audrey Jackson continued to live in Accrington, but died 9 years ago. I haven't been back since, though I still firmly feel my roots are there, all the more so, as I get older. All best wishes, Alan
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote

« mr alan lee | newby »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..