Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Introduce Yourself
Donate! Join Today

Introduce Yourself New to the forum? Introduce yourself here and get talking. Everyone is welcome here at Accrington Web!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Atarah
  • 1 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2019, 15:36   #1
Junior Member+

Writing a book on Paranormal East Lancashire

Hello !

I'm an ex Accringtonian of 40 years now living near Clitheroe. I'm writing a book on ghost and paranormal stories form Accrington, surrounding area and East Lancs in general. I'm trying to steer away from the usual 'White Lady of Salmesbury Hall' type stories and have already been contacted by a few people through Facebook as well as family and friends with some fascinating personal stories of hauntings, poltergeists etc. If anyone has any interesting stories can you please drop me a line on here and I'll DM you my email address.

Thanks, Craig
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2019, 22:24   #2

Re: Writing a book on Paranormal East Lancashire

Good luck with the book
Old 25-01-2019, 20:27   #3
Senior Member+

I have no details to offer, but I am aware that paranormal investigators have an interest in the Warner Arms and the (former) Hargreaves Arms. There have been threads about this subject on here before.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2019, 11:43   #4
Junior Member+

Thank you. I'll have a look.
Old 29-01-2019, 18:51   #5
Senior Member+

Have you heard about this strange happening? https://lancashirefolk.com/2016/07/0...-from-the-sky/
Craig B likes this.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 12:27   #6
God Member

if you ever go to Samlesbury Hall there is a gent who sits just inside the doors and if asked he will tell you about this 'white lady', it is said that she is supposed to be the daughter of a previous owner of the hall whose husband to be was murdered on samlesbury bottoms by her brother and each night she roams the road looking for him
Old 03-02-2019, 19:50   #7
God Member

If it’s still the same one from a few years ago, talk to the lady who runs The Sparth House Hotel.
Craig B likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 14:20   #8
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If it’s still the same one from a few years ago, talk to the lady who runs The Sparth House Hotel.

Thank you, I will try to get in touch with someone there.

Cheers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..