Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 21:54   #1
Junior Member+

1994, baby abandoned at great harwood health centre?

am i bonkers? or do i really remember a new born baby being abandoned in a holdall at great harwood health centre?
i was working at plough yard just down the road at the time.
was wondering if anyone else remembers this and if they ever found its mummy? and what happened to the baby??
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.
rishtonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2010, 06:57   #2

Re: 1994, baby abandoned at great harwood health centre?

I remember this. Not sure of year though. If I recall they called the baby Harry on account of him being found in Harwood.
shell220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:08   #3
Resting in Peace

There was also a baby girl found just off Rutland street they called her baby" Alice"
it was found by me and a mate we used to live on Rutland st the baby girl was new born and still had the placenta attached.
cant remember the year but know it was a Sunday and we called the emergency services and it was a police officer that got there first we had taken the baby in our house and when the officer picked the baby up the placenta was left hanging he did not know what to do as he was wearing leather gloves and it kept slipping out of his hand so he put it back down and waited till the ambulance service arrived.
never found out what happened to the child though she must be about 14 by now
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 16:27   #4

Was there a baby boy as well at some point?? Or am I losing it completely. (Polite answers only please LOL)
shell220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 17:30   #5
God Member

I can understand air-headed women losing mobile phones, but how do they manage to loose babies?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 18:20   #6
God Member

the body of a newborn baby was found abandoned in Bury yesterday, heard it on the news whilst at work

Police hunt mother after body of newborn baby is found abandoned on a doorstep | Mail Online

Last edited by flashy; 07-09-2010 at 18:22.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 21:31   #7
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I was working as a midwife at the old Queens Park when both Alice from Accy and Harry from Harrod were found. I can't be 100% on the years, because I have slept since then but would estimate that it would be between 1992-1994 for the pair of them.

I don't know if the mothers were ever found but can't help thinking that those mums must have been in a desperate state to abandon their babies. Wish I could be more help but the memory of these events gets a bit hazy
Abi watt likes this.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:22   #8

Either when I had my daughter in Dec 1981, or when I went back in in Jan due to post natal probs, a baby was brought in to Queens Park after being abandoned on a train (I think). Mum and baby were reunited a few days later, not a dry eye in the house!

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 18:17   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell220 View Post
I remember this. Not sure of year though. If I recall they called the baby Harry on account of him being found in Harwood.
Should have called him Woody and made a film.

Sorry couldn't resist that one but I can joke about since 1954.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 22:33   #10

Hi Lettie...I hope that you can help me with this,I shant go into all the horrid detail's,but,in 1992,when I was 16 year's old,I was raped by this boy,in my unoffical foster family,and they let him,I was drugged,and knew what was happening,but,I didn't have the strenght to stop him,because of whatever it was they gave me made me fell very sick,dizzy,tired,and weak.I got pregnant from that rape.The mother of the boy that raped me was going through the menopause,but wanted a baby girl,and she had two son's.I had a baby boy,and I had him early,as I was physically assaulted,and fell a bit on my tummy,I tried to break the fall,but,I couldn't completely.I had my baby when he was about 7 month's,I gave birth to him at their house,as I weren't even allowed to tell a doctor that I was pregnant,as in the mother of the boy that raped me word's,"I don't want you blackening the name of my son".I gave birth on either September 2nd,or,September 3rd,1992.There was another woman there,she was either a midwife,or,was someone that had basic nurse training.I was a bit stressed,as my little boy was covered in this white stuff,what I now know to be Vernix,and I asked the woman that was there what it was,and she told me thet it was to protect babies skin when they are in the womb.I held my baby boy in my arm's,he was breathing just fine,and I was looking into his adorable eye's,and he squeezed my little finger,and I thought that he could squeeze tight for a new baby.He was about 16 inche's from head to foot,and he weighed about 3lb's.He was taken off me,to be,what I thought,cleaned-up of the vernix.I was then told that he had died.They,the family made me hold,what I now know to have been a fake gfuneral,at the bottom of their back garden,and I was told not to look in the box,to remember him as he was,not as he is now,and that frightened me,so,I didn't look.I didn't go to the police,as there was no doctor's record's that I'd been pregnant,and no record that I'd had my little boy,and the October before,in 1991,I'd been seriously let down by the police,as my father's masonic police mate's let him get away with sexual abuse,and rape of me,on at least 3 count's,and attempted murder of me,so,I thought that they wouldn't help me.And,I no longer had a social worker,and I'd had a very bad experience with social service's,and I felt like that they wouldn't help me either.In 2009 I found out that there is a test that can be done to determine that a woman is the mother of a child.I know that my little boy didn't die.I also know that this family that did this to me,abandoned my little boy,as they were concerned that they wouldn't get away with it,a baby turning -up,when they didn't have a daughter,and the mother of the boy that had raped me was going through the menopause,and was down as such,as she was on medication from her doctor.I have now been to the police,and I'm really hoping to get in contact with my son,and to get some justice for the both of us.I hope that you can help,Thank-you,Lola xx
Lola22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 08:17   #11
God Member

Heavy post, hope everything works out for you.......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 11:19   #12

Why on Lola 22's profile does it indicate she is a male??

If the story is true then it's dreadful however if its fabrication then the person os a sicko
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 11:24   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Why on Lola 22's profile does it indicate she is a male??

If the story is true then it's dreadful however if its fabrication then the person os a sicko
First post, perhaps she hasn't changed the profile default?

Other more important things on her Mind?

Although your question seems petty compared with the gravity of what is being claimed.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 12:07   #14
God Member

Lola will be the same age as me now, i was 16 in 92
Old 20-02-2011, 16:12   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
First post, perhaps she hasn't changed the profile default?

Other more important things on her Mind?

Although your question seems petty compared with the gravity of what is being claimed.
Indeed it's possible that it's an error and if so and the story is true then I cant imagine what Lola has had to go through and she would have my deepest sympathy

However if it a hoax then it's disgusting
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..