Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Best Curryhouse in Accy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/best-curryhouse-in-accy-23780.html)

JC4LAB 23-08-2006 12:56

Best Curryhouse in Accy

After an evening match I often fancy a curry but which one is the best in either Accy or Clayton?

entwisi 23-08-2006 13:41

Re: Best Curryhouse in Accy

I like Balti Stan in clayton. What was Imrans has reopened as Trishna which if I'm right is teh same people who own the little one in Whalley. This had a cracking reputation, I hope its as good in Accy.

KIPAX 23-08-2006 14:03

I like Balti Stan.. or I did until they charged 4.95 for a bottle of water :(

I used to go in Imrans as it was local to me but not as impressive... Might try now changed hands:)

Sparkologist 23-08-2006 17:14

Depends what you're looking for. Are you looking to eat in a restaurant, or are you in need of a takeaway?

If it is a takeaway, you cannot better the Akash Takeaway, on Whalley Rd, in the town centre.
For eating in a curryhouse, I prefer the Mitali, on Warner St to Balti Stans; their chicken tikka has more flavour to it.
We haven't yet tried the Trishna, on Blackburn Rd, but we will be doing soon.

If you are prepared to travel a few miles, the Agra, at Hapton, serves good excellent food in pleasant surroundings.
Last friday, Lettie & I went to Reena curryhouse, in Ossy. The food was top-notch and they also have a Bring Your Own policy which also went down well.

KIPAX 23-08-2006 17:18

Bring your own ? No idea what that means... Why does it give me the impression I can bring soemthing/anyhting and they will curry it?

Seriously mate.. whats it mean?

Oh and for my part I had presumed eat in and answered as such.... these others you mention sound interesting...

garinda 23-08-2006 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX
Bring your own ? No idea what that means... Why does it give me the impression I can bring soemthing/anyhting and they will curry it?

Seriously mate.. whats it mean?

Oh and for my part I had presumed eat in and answered as such.... these others you mention sound interesting...

Booze.

Mother's, or in this case, Kipax's ruin.;)

KIPAX 23-08-2006 17:24

Is that a guess? surely ya cant bring yer own ale?

garinda 23-08-2006 17:28

Quote:

Is that a guess? surely ya cant bring yer own ale?

It's quite a common thing, especially in curry houses.

They don't have a licence to sell alcohol, but will let you bring your own in to have with your meal. They will usually charge you 'corkage', by which they mean there will be a small charge for them giving you glasses and serving your booze.

katex 23-08-2006 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkologist
Last friday, Lettie & I went to Reena curryhouse, in Ossy. The food was top-notch and they also have a Bring Your Own policy which also went down well.

Do be careful though, went to hen party t'other week and walked in Rinos 'stead of Reenas .. tee hee. A take-away block further down. All a matter of opinion and depends on which night you catch it, but, to me, not a patch on Balti-Stan where always go Christmas Day. Course in Reenas have to take your own wine, which is cheaper, but was an awful lot left on the table afterwards.. wonder what they did with it ?

Sparkologist 23-08-2006 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
...They will usually charge you 'corkage', by which they mean there will be a small charge for them giving you glasses and serving your booze.

Nope, no corkage fee. I pre-empted that one and took my own corkscrew along, but the wine glasses were provided, at no extra cost. :D
We had a rather decent bottle of St Emilion, which had we been paying for, would have cost 30 quid or more with the restaurant mark-up.

KIPAX 23-08-2006 17:54

Well thats all news to me.. I didn't know any of that.... learn summat everyday :)

katex 23-08-2006 18:07

Quote:

Well thats all news to me.. I didn't know any of that.... learn summat everyday :)

Getta' a life Kipax ..... :D (Only joking, honest)

garinda 23-08-2006 18:09

Quote:

You're welcome.

Good deed done.

Enlightening you means I don't have to help another old lady across the road today.:D

KIPAX 23-08-2006 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex
Getta' a life Kipax ..... :D (Only joking, honest)

I know.. I need to get out more.. probably the oldest person in the thread and I have never heard of it ....

I hope its not a wind up and I walk in with a bottle of best :)

katex 23-08-2006 18:20

Quote:

I know.. I need to get out more.. probably the oldest person in the thread and I have never heard of it ....

No, guess I am the oldest .. least according to Garinda ...who thinks I have entered my century year. !! :p

You do not state your age, neither does JC which is REALLY ANNOYING !! Can't put you in any sort of category. Funnily enough, usually the men that do this.. OK.. off thread, just had to say that at some stage.... phew, that's better. :)