Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   weather?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/weather-29920.html)

WillowTheWhisp 15-04-2007 22:05

Re: weather??

Did you have your barbie? It's been a lovely weekend hasn't it?

LancYorkYankee 15-04-2007 22:09

Today was cold, cloudy, raining, windy, and cold. We've had pretty bad flooding. Oh yeah, and it was cold!

Brian

panther 16-04-2007 10:35

had a barbie and booze and got a bit tipsy:o , also got a bit of tan too me face has caught the sun:p

today is pretty crap though a hugh difference than weekend!!:( it might brighten up later!

Eric 16-04-2007 23:57

Well the nor' easter blew in today ... snow, snow and more effing snow ... temp. crawled up to 0 ... freezing rain .... winds up to 85k per hour ... and we had a lovely bbq.

LancYorkYankee 17-04-2007 00:43

I just heard, in Michigan, a 5 year old girl playing at recess was killed when a flagpole was blown on her. This weather has been wicked in many ways!

Eric 18-04-2007 23:53

Finally a nice day. But in Calgary, blizzard warning. Saskatoon in the 20s. Yellowknife NWT, basking in the sun.

I like talking about the weather ... beats the hell out of religion, politics, and sexual preferences. Altho' I must admit to preferring sex to snow. Except in the Stanley Cup playoffs when even sex takes a back seat to hockey. Ottawa Senators, Canada's great hope for the cup!!!!

Eric 18-04-2007 23:55

That's ICE hockey by the way. Canada's religion. That's why we rarely get involved in wars: hockey is more violent.

LancYorkYankee 19-04-2007 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 412471)
That's ICE hockey by the way. Canada's religion. That's why we rarely get involved in wars: hockey is more violent.

Now Eric, let's make sure all the folks know that Canada's National Sport is LaCrosse!

Brian

Go Maple Leafs (how long must me wait on those guys??????)

Eric 19-04-2007 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee (Post 412477)
Now Eric, let's make sure all the folks know that Canada's National Sport is LaCrosse!

Brian

Go Maple Leafs (how long must me wait on those guys??????)

Indeed, our National Sport is Lacrosse. But our National Religion is hockey. And the Leafs: until hell freezes over.

LancYorkYankee 21-04-2007 21:24

Yes we have good news here too. The weather is absolutely gorgeous. Sunshine and in the 70s. Off to cut more grass and start my first cutting of the Cross Country trail in the pasture!:p

How's the weather treating the rest of the world?

Brian

slinky 21-04-2007 21:36

It's been quite nice here too LYY!! sunny all day and no rain, so that's something.

shillelagh 21-04-2007 21:40

I walked halfway home in the sunshine today. Tomorrow will cut the grass and do the garden because i bought some plants today so will definately have to finish weeding the garden so then i can plant them!!! lol

Eric 22-04-2007 01:05

Ah ... much better, 23 today (and we had a blizzard last monday) ... Ice all gone off the lake ... my igloo melted ... time to move into the tipi ... set out some grizzly bear traps ... and other normal Canadian pastimes ... oh, and watching the Stanley Cup playoffs.

panther 22-04-2007 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 413682)
I walked halfway home in the sunshine today. Tomorrow will cut the grass and do the garden because i bought some plants today so will definately have to finish weeding the garden so then i can plant them!!! lol

well its started to drizzle now:o
i was gonna plant mine to shillelagh!! you never know it might brighten up!

shillelagh 22-04-2007 19:04

Well it didnt do panther did it. Mind you on the weather forecast it did say rain today and tomorrow.