Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Where Did It Come From? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/where-did-it-come-from-30974.html)

Less 23-05-2007 12:29

Where Did It Come From?

Did some shopping yesterday, but because I was running a bit late when I got home I just dumped the bags in the kitchen and went off to meet a friend, (mainly tins so nothing to go off).

This morning when I was putting everything into the cupboards in one of the bags I discovered an 800g Family Madeira Cake, now that is BIG!
I've checked my receipt no sign of it on there, I know I wouldn't have picked this cake up because
a/ I hardly ever eat cake.
b/ I live alone so I would never buy such a large cake.
c/ I hate madeira cake it's too dry!

I went back to the shop with it because I was going past there this morning and asked behind the counter how it ended up among my shopping and was told quite firmly I couldn't have got it from them because they don't sell that brand of confectionery, So please, if you have lost a madeira cake somewhere along Blackburn Rd I can let you have it back, just tell me how it ended up in my bag?

:confused:

panther 23-05-2007 12:36

Re: Where Did It Come From?

how strange!!
now that would freak me out!...lol

Less 23-05-2007 13:15

Just a Thought, I know we have fairy cakes, could it be possible we have cake fairies?

I suppose they would be similar to tooth fairies except that they visit during the night and leave all the good boys and girls little treats that they can have with their mid morning Coffee?

:cake: ........:hippy: Like wow man the cake fairy called again last night, I'm higher now than when I use those herbal cigarettes.

garinda 23-05-2007 13:22

You've been done by the Kipling Fairy.;)

Tealeaf 23-05-2007 13:28

Why don't you go out and get a bottle of cointreau and then marinate the Madaira cake in the liquor; it's very simple to do and comes out lovely.

Less 23-05-2007 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 428363)
Why don't you go out and get a bottle of cointreau and then marinate the Madaira cake in the liquor; it's very simple to do and comes out lovely.

Or I could just go out get a bottle of cointreau and marinate me, it probably won't look as good but it cuts out the middle man.:cool:

magpie 23-05-2007 14:50

now you can have your cake and eat it.... strange :-)

MUMMIBOO 23-05-2007 15:43

If you dont find the owner donate it!

To me my kids are always moaning they are hungry coz they never get fed!

(more like they nick all the good stuff on shop day then think they dont get fed when they only get food not crap) lol.

MargaretR 23-05-2007 15:47

If you were asked at checkout whether you wanted help packing and said 'yes' - it is likely to be an item left behind by the person before you.PS - just noticed that the shop dont sell it - mystery

grego 23-05-2007 20:10

I think you should bring it to the meet Less:)

Sparkologist 23-05-2007 20:27

What a wonderful idea, Grego! :thumbsup:

grego 23-05-2007 20:34

I know, I'd be able to eat a slice:)

magpie 23-05-2007 20:54

yeah but if you don't know where it came from... it may not be fit to eat?
having watched the tv last night and supermarket meat yuk.... I am going to be doing more and more of my fresh food shopping on Accy Markey:

WillowTheWhisp 24-05-2007 07:45

Did you leave the bag unattended anywhere at any time? Could you have picked up the wrong bag?

grego 24-05-2007 09:04

I think the person in front of you must have left it at the checkout and you've put it in your bag without realising it.