Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   What's the most unusual tipple you've ever had? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/whats-the-most-unusual-tipple-youve-ever-had-31030.html)

suzster 26-05-2007 08:39

What's the most unusual tipple you've ever had?

I might be naive but we were out for a few drinks last night and my partner came back from the bar with his usual bottle of Bud, and for me he placed on the table an empty glass, a bottle of blue wkd and a glass of port - poured the blue wkd and the port into the empty glass and told me it was a cheeky vimto!

I couldnt beleive it - it tasted exactly like a glass of vimto!

Ok, so I may not get out much - but what is the most unusual alcoholic drink you have had?

Suz x.

Mick 26-05-2007 08:44

Re: What's the most unusual tipple you've ever had?

I think this thread would have been better put on AFTER tonight's meet .
I will let you know after we have tried what moonshiner is bringing hehe:D

Lolly 26-05-2007 09:54

You dont want to try it Mick, some varieties of Absynth are banned in this country because they make you hallucinate!!! :D

I've had some strange drinks Blue WKD, Orange Reef & Orange Bacardi Breezer - tastes just like those little sweets, Refreshers.

There was one was called a Flaming Lambourghini, they used to sell in in Vodoo Lounge, thats in a martini glass with Sambucca in, and Kahlula round the egde of the glass. Then 2 seperate shot glasses, 1 with cream & 1 with Blue Bols. Then you light the Kahlula, stick your straw in and get someone else to pour in the cream and blue bols. Its nice but lethal (if you ever have one, tie you hair back!!!)

harwood red 26-05-2007 09:55

I don't think I will be trying moonshiner's drink after last weekend, cos I'm wearing the same shoes and had an unfortunate fall :eek: :o ...it was the shoes.. I think!!!

cashman 26-05-2007 09:59

once tried meths, just to see what it was like, verdict= the most disgusting drink you will ever come across, how the tramps sup it beats the hell out of me.:)

Lolly 26-05-2007 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 429296)
I don't think I will be trying moonshiner's drink after last weekend, cos I'm wearing the same shoes and had an unfortunate fall :eek: :o ...it was the shoes.. I think!!!

Yup its always the shoes....... or thats what I blame anyway!!

MargaretR 26-05-2007 10:09

Had Retsina in Corfu - smells and tastes like Jeyes Fluid
(fortified wine fermented with pine needles)

alan7554 26-05-2007 10:41

years ago when i was a young lad we all went out down blackburn and went into YATES WINE LODGE and i got pused into drinking a schooner of GREEN CHATROUSE,looked like nail remover and tasted like mint petrol,it took me about 30 seconds to bring it back up,absolutly revolting

Neil 26-05-2007 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly (Post 429295)
Then you light the Kahlula

I can't see the ppoint in setting fire to drinks, it burns off the alcohol

garinda 26-05-2007 11:38

At college used to drink Green Monsters.

Snakebite with Blue Bols in.

Powerful stuff.

Only drawback was green stools for the next few days.:D

MargaretR 26-05-2007 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 429333)
At college used to drink Green Monsters.

Snakebite with Blue Bols in.

Powerful stuff.

Only drawback was green stools for the next few days.:D

Aaahh - that explains the green 'eye stuff' you mentioned a few weeks ago - not too many peas after all :D

grannyclaret 26-05-2007 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzster (Post 429263)
I might be naive but we were out for a few drinks last night and my partner came back from the bar with his usual bottle of Bud, and for me he placed on the table an empty glass, a bottle of blue wkd and a glass of port - poured the blue wkd and the port into the empty glass and told me it was a cheeky vimto!

I couldnt beleive it - it tasted exactly like a glass of vimto!

Ok, so I may not get out much - but what is the most unusual alcoholic drink you have had?

Suz x.

Thats a very popular drink round here ,,, but to me you might as well pay for a vimto...( i am tight me)
I love pernod ,lemonade and peach snhapps mixed together,, with a cherry and ice, "we call it a rat trap special, but i wont go into that",,,
you can ply me with anything except whiskey,, which is my hubbies tipple..
when we used to go on p&o, we got some fantastic concoctions....

mallard 26-05-2007 18:58

Mine was a snake bite, i only had it once,but never again

Eric 27-05-2007 00:02

When I lived in Saskatoon, I attended a Ukrainian wedding (they last three days) in the village of Wakaw. They served home brew (moonshine) cut with store bought vodka to lessen the kick, and added a little tabasco to mellow it out. Ouch, eh.

garinda 27-05-2007 00:57

Moonshiner's absyinthe...as of tonight.:D