Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Is This Love? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/is-this-love-31259.html)

Less 08-06-2007 12:11

Is This Love?

I think I have an admirer, perhaps it could even be a stage further than this, I just don't know. Please, be patient whilst I try to explain.

Those of you that know me understand that I don't have a great deal of time for cats, the house I used to live in had a back garden and I was always complaining about the local cats using it as a litter tray.

I moved to a different house recently and the back yard is completely concreted, low maintenance nowhere for them to use, (great), there is a local cat very nice to look at ginger striped always reminds me of the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland, (I'm sure it has that sort of smile).

When I first moved in it treated me with suspicion always running away when I went out to hang my washing. This past week however, if I just appear at the kitchen window it jumps onto the window sill and says 'hello'.

If I go outside it comes over to me purring away and rubbing itself against my legs, over the past three days it has started leaving me gifts by my back door, a mouse, a young rat and I don't know where it got it from but a young hen chick!

The questions are.... Is this love? What have I done to deserve it? and what can I do to use this sudden attraction to take advantage of the females of my own species?:D

Margaret Pilkington 08-06-2007 12:29

Re: Is This Love?

Yes, Less I think it IS love. Cats are similarly fickle as women are......so if you can get this cat eating out of your hand (metaphorically, that is), then maybe you will have similar success with a lady.
I love cats and would never consider a man who didn't, at least, like cats

Neil 08-06-2007 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 432970)
The questions are.... Is this love? What have I done to deserve it? and what can I do to use this sudden attraction to take advantage of the females of my own species?:D

I intend calling the RSPCA to report you for giving absinthe to the local cat population :rolleyes::D:D

WillowTheWhisp 08-06-2007 15:06

Definitely love Less. These are tokens of devotion from a serious admirer.

LancYorkYankee 08-06-2007 18:59

Aw Less, I knew under that tough, cantankarous exterior, you had some admirable qualities!

Brian

Gayle 08-06-2007 19:06

May be it's that new catnip aftershave you've been trying.

Less 08-06-2007 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee (Post 433053)
Aw Less, I knew under that tough, cantankarous exterior, you had some admirable qualities!

Brian

O.K. the barbies about the right temperature, cat burgers for everyone?
:surprise:

(How dare you accuse me of having qualities!!!!):D

Margaret Pilkington 08-06-2007 19:15

Oh Noooooooooo, Less how could you? One of the most loving cats I ever had was a marmalade stray tom cat....he was so soppy, and loved to be cuddled and made a fuss of.

Less 08-06-2007 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 433064)
Oh Noooooooooo, Less how could you? One of the most loving cats I ever had was a marmalade stray tom cat....he was so soppy, and loved to be cuddled and made a fuss of.

Erm, I take it you don't want relish with yours then? :confused:

Margaret Pilkington 08-06-2007 19:55

I'll have the relish, but can I take the cat home in a bag please...preferably underdone....very underdone :)

SPUGGIE J 08-06-2007 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 432983)
I intend calling the RSPCA to report you for giving absinthe to the local cat population :rolleyes::D:D

And what is the insinuation there I wonder? Any lower and you could tickle the Cheshire cats belly. Imagine doing that to a fellow Accy web member tut tut. You should be ashamed of your self. Off to the corner and right 1000 times " I am sorry for upsetting fellow members" want it by 10am tommorow morning 10/06/07

Less 12-06-2007 23:09

Just to let you all know, being the softy that I am, one of our members got in touch with me and asked if I would like a kitten, my first reaction was 'no way on earth!' but being the fool that I am it seems it will be ready for me in about 10 days, well what can I do? I'm a sucker for anything soft and furry!

So I might just be asking advise later, be prepared for a confused cat handler.
:o

WillowTheWhisp 12-06-2007 23:22

First piece of advice - don't sit on it! It may curl up and try to imitate a cushion but there the resemblance ends as cushions do not have sharp claws.

Less 12-06-2007 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 434295)
First piece of advice - don't sit on it! It may curl up and try to imitate a cushion but there the resemblance ends as cushions do not have sharp claws.

Who gave you the idea it was going to be a house cat? I will allow it the freedom of the backyard, (and anyones garden patch that it can find, revenge is sweet!).

:)

Margaret Pilkington 13-06-2007 07:58

Oh, Less....if you get this kitten please let it into your house as well as your heart......you will be well rewarded (as long as you have a scratching pole that is).