Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   cheap place to eat out in accrington? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/cheap-place-to-eat-out-in-accrington-31635.html)

blazey 23-06-2007 16:15

cheap place to eat out in accrington?

I'm looking for somewhere cheap to go and eat out. Not too noisy but not completely empty. nice atmosphere in other words.

I'm saving money for a course so i'm on limited money, say around £20 for two people for main meal and a few drinks (non-alcoholic as we both dont drink)

Any ideas anyone? Its not a special occasion, just bored

glasgow guy 23-06-2007 16:31

Re: cheap place to eat out in accrington?

mcdonalds ?

blazey 23-06-2007 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasgow guy (Post 439503)
mcdonalds ?

lol I mean a place where you can have your tea with a knife and fork and not feel like you've wasted your money afterwards :D

Lilly 23-06-2007 18:35

I can't think of a restaurant where you'd get a meal for two plus drinks for £20.Maybe you'd be better off getting together at your place or theirs and getting a takeaway and some drinks from the supermarket.:)

fc:stanley 23-06-2007 18:43

Monte Cristos in chuch thats great , not that much money! :)

katex 23-06-2007 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 439543)
Monte Cristos in chuch thats great , not that much money! :)

They have nights too where there are special offers, something like Tuesdays/Thursdays .. will take a look on way to work Monday.

Franco's in Ossie can be quite cheap ... but, of course depends on how many courses you need, I suppose :D Always a good atmosphere there.

Course, always the chain pubs that do a decent meal cheaply, like Dog and Otter up Great Harwood, etc.

Sara 23-06-2007 20:17

For typical pub food try the Calder on Blackburn Road, it's not to bad and prices are reasonable.

blazey 23-06-2007 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 439541)
I can't think of a restaurant where you'd get a meal for two plus drinks for £20.Maybe you'd be better off getting together at your place or theirs and getting a takeaway and some drinks from the supermarket.:)

We've eaten out at Francos with drinks for under £20 before but you tend to be sat waiting for a table for quite a while.

katex 23-06-2007 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazey (Post 439657)
We've eaten out at Francos with drinks for under £20 before but you tend to be sat waiting for a table for quite a while.

You quite correct, but have a nice bar area now upstairs and can chat whilst you wait; think best plan of action is to go fairly early.

Depends how you view the 'eating' part of a night out I suppose. I don't particularly go to a restaurant to satisfy my stomach (enjoyable though it is) more the fun of being with friends, etc., in a everyday necessity.

blazey 23-06-2007 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 439660)
You quite correct, but have a nice bar area now upstairs and can chat whilst you wait; think best plan of action is to go fairly early.

Depends how you view the 'eating' part of a night out I suppose. I don't particularly go to a restaurant to satisfy my stomach (enjoyable though it is) more the fun of being with friends, etc., in a everyday necessity.

We just wanted to get out of the house. We ended up doing what someone else suggested and getting a takeaway but we did go through a nice long drive to whalley and back first.

magpie 28-06-2007 15:15

It would be so nice if we had an English Restaurant in the town... ( other than just pub food) where we could have stake and chips, lamb roasts , steak pies good old English Food:
I am sick of flipping Indian, Chinese, Italian... I want English plain and simple food....

blazey 28-06-2007 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 441180)
It would be so nice if we had an English Restaurant in the town... ( other than just pub food) where we could have stake and chips, lamb roasts , steak pies good old English Food:
I am sick of flipping Indian, Chinese, Italian... I want English plain and simple food....

Stake and chips and a bloody mary :D

There used to be an english restaraunt near connexions in accy, it wasn't popular though and sold up.

XxEmziexX 28-06-2007 16:55

have you tried Ger Hanna on Blackburn road willow and busman go there quite a lot and were quite impressed by the standards

WillowTheWhisp 28-06-2007 17:58

Yes Ger Hana is one of the places on our recommended list. The good thing is that you can eat as much or as little as you like for a set price. It only goes up when you start adding drinks, starters and sweets.

katex 28-06-2007 18:15

My colleague went to the Stop and Rest last night to their 'Curry' night £3.50 .. all you can eat .. she said it was 'excellent' with a Pub Quiz thrown in ... sounds a good mid-week night out to me. Was busy Blazey, so could be noisier than what you want.