Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Airport check in (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/airport-check-in-32375.html)

West Ender 21-07-2007 19:34

Airport check in

Has anyone used 24 hour check in at Manchester? It's available with MyTravel and I'm flying with them on Tuesday. Can you check in at any time within 24 hours before departure time? I live 10 miles from the airport and don't really want to check in at 4.30 a.m. for my 7.30 flight. I am near enough (only 15 minute drive) to go the previous afternoon and leave my baggage. I've tried phoning to ask but can't get through.

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.

K.S.H 21-07-2007 19:41

Re: Airport check in

I've used it, saves you waiting an extra 2 hour in the airport, no tips to give, just sign in then turn up 1 hour before your flight instead of the usual 3

Polly_45 21-07-2007 20:50

you can check your luggage in the night before you fly..or you can now use the express check in..im flying out on monday morning and intend to use express check in..

West Ender 21-07-2007 22:19

Thanks, guys, so will I be OK checking in about 4 p.m. the day before? I don't fancy getting up at 3 a.m. on Tuesday, especially with my 7 year old granddaughter who gets grumpy when she's tired (and so do I).

Polly45, how long before departure time do you have to use Express check in? It sounds good but if everyone uses it, it could be quite a queue.

Polly_45 22-07-2007 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 452243)
Thanks, guys, so will I be OK checking in about 4 p.m. the day before? I don't fancy getting up at 3 a.m. on Tuesday, especially with my 7 year old granddaughter who gets grumpy when she's tired (and so do I).

Polly45, how long before departure time do you have to use Express check in? It sounds good but if everyone uses it, it could be quite a queue.

I believe its the same 3hrs before due to the airport security at the moment..not sure if you are aware that there is no drop offs outside terminal 1..i think taxies etc have to drop off at the short stay car park..and you walk in..im going from T2 and we have been told no drop off outside the terminal..

garinda 22-07-2007 15:51

Not really connected to West Ender's question, so appologies...

but has anyone who is a smoker flown from Manchester, since the smoking ban was introduced?

There was a stinky old smoking lounge after check in, which will now be no more, but is there a balcony or outside space in the deparures lounge to smoke?

I can manage for a flight without a cigarette, but don't fancy the two hour plus wait in departures to be nicotine free as well.

Lolly 22-07-2007 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 452430)
Not really connected to West Ender's question, so appologies...

but has anyone who is a smoker flown from Manchester, since the smoking ban was introduced?

There was a stinky old smoking lounge after check in, which will now be no more, but is there a balcony or outside space in the deparures lounge to smoke?

I can manage for a flight without a cigarette, but don't fancy the two hour plus wait in departures to be nicotine free as well.

I believe not now Garinda, someone I know went on hols a couple of week ago and once they'd gone through check in there was no smoking, personally i'd check in then stay outside until it was the last minute to go through.

By the way, thanks for ignoring me in Bargain Booze this afternoon!! lol. I did say hi! :D

cashman 22-07-2007 16:23

definately no way to have a fag rindy,its a bitch but we have to tolerate or not go,simple as that.:(

garinda 22-07-2007 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly (Post 452439)
By the way, thanks for ignoring me in Bargain Booze this afternoon!! lol. I did say hi! :D

:oLol, sorry, I was in a world of my own, and looking forward to all the chocolate I'd just bought.

Next time shout 'Oi Rindy!!!', or give me a poke.;)

Well the no smoking in departures sounds stupid. There must be a windy balcony somewhere for plane spotters to hang out at, that you could smoke on.

Sara 22-07-2007 18:18

Just hope you're flight isn't delayed if you're a smoker. Flew from Manchester a couple of weeks ago and there is no where to smoke.
Then again didn't really have time for a ciggie with the extra secuirty. It was a case of quick visit to duty free then on to boots then we had to dash for the plane.