Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Ebay, am I only one never to have Used? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/ebay-am-i-only-one-never-to-have-used-32499.html)

LancYorkYankee 28-07-2007 16:33

Ebay, am I only one never to have Used?

All this talk of using Ebay, am I the only one never to have used on of these buy/sell sites? What is the best deal that you have received by either buying or selling or bidding on something?

I guess I've always been to untrusting to spend much time on these type of sites. Thanks for any information!

Brian

shakermaker 28-07-2007 16:46

Re: Ebay, am I only one never to have Used?

I like a lot of older music that record shops round here don't stock at all, so eBay is very good for that as someone somewhere is bound to have what you're after! It's usually very cheap aswell. I can get the majority of the CD's I buy for around a fiver including P&P.
Mind you, I tend to buy the majority of my music from the internet since the only music store for miles shut up shop.

Tin Monkey 28-07-2007 16:48

Have used E-bay on and off for over 7 years and only once had a deal go wrong.

I've bought and sold on there, but the best deals were when I bought some books from a discount bookshop for 99p each, then sold them for between £10 and £12 each on E-bay. Lubberly jubberly. :D

jedimaster 28-07-2007 17:46

bought two cars for £150 sold them both for around £300

+ 1 came with a trailer we sold for £100

Yolanda25 28-07-2007 17:51

I bought a phone, put a new case and sold it for doble money

LancYorkYankee 28-07-2007 17:57

May be quite the stupid question but are all these buys you made ones that you had the winning bid on? Or is there part of Ebay that is just straight selling, without having to be the highest bidder?

Tin Monkey 28-07-2007 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee (Post 454303)
May be quite the stupid question but are all these buys you made ones that you had the winning bid on? Or is there part of Ebay that is just straight selling, without having to be the highest bidder?

Some items have a 'Buy It Now' option, so you don't have to bid auction style, but you may pay more for the fixed price.

Margaret Pilkington 28-07-2007 19:45

I have never participated in an E-bay auction either......though i have to admit I have looked at things on there that are for sale...I haven't been tempted.

mallard 28-07-2007 19:59

Ive never used it i have look,t on it but i would still like it better on accy web it one of the best site,s to be on.

davo69 28-07-2007 22:18

ebay i love

cashman 28-07-2007 23:55

have bought some "rare" rocknroll" cds on it, Terry Dene being one, courtesy of janet telling me,dont go on much, but if i'm after music i cant get elsewhere i have a sneck.;)

steeljack 29-07-2007 00:23

I've allways been a bit wary of using it because of the sales Tax (US States) or VAT liabilities in the UK and Europe

MargaretR 29-07-2007 02:04

I use Ebay a lot (feedback score 199) I have sold a handful of things but mainly buy and sometimes snipe (using Justsnipe to bid in last few seconds)
I bought a paper shredder early last year and on opening the box there was no shredder, just 4 wrapped christmas presents. I wrote to the seller to say 'so you thought you got a shredder from your mum and dad - you didnt' - I got a refund and they got their xmas presents in February :)

Gayle 29-07-2007 06:56

I use it fairly often. Each year I get a new free phone with my contract so pack the old one back up in its box (which I save with all the gubbings) and sell it on ebay as used. I sold a lot of vinyl records on there and a few other bits and pieces.

I've also bought a couple of things - it's great if you want something a bit odd and can't think where to go to buy it - especially props for plays.

pipinfort 29-07-2007 07:18

great for kids designers clothes, we buy and sell, i use it a lot and the wife is never off it!!!!