Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   sibling age gaps.... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/sibling-age-gaps-40403.html)

emamum 17-06-2008 13:56

sibling age gaps....

My new brother was born today :D:D:D

and that means there are 25 and a half years between me (the oldest) and Euan ...and also 6 years between Tyler and his new uncle lol

I have 4 brothers (aged 23,16,11 and new :D ) now and 2 sisters (aged 15 and 14). and i have good relationships with my other brothers and sisters.

does anyone else have big age gaps and does it affect the relationship you have with your sibling?

mrskitty 17-06-2008 14:24

Re: sibling age gaps....

Congrats on being a sister once again xxx
We dont have massive gaps compared to some others i know (me-eldest 24,Tye,22,Isaac,16,Fred,14) but it was a big enough gap that i looked after the lil uns as i grew up :(
Theres a 14 year gap between Corker n his lil bro-thats how come he was so good at changing Jacks nappies till he was potty trained......which proved useful haha

shillelagh 17-06-2008 14:44

My eldest sister is 56 this year and im 41 in 3weeks. My other sister is 50 and my brother is 49 in september. I am closer to my other sister than my eldest. I think its because my eldest sister got married when i was 6 so was just me and my other sister sharing a room even though she went off to university.

Lilly 17-06-2008 15:57

I'm an only child so have no personal experience to draw on but in my opinion having 2 children with a big age gap is like having 2 only children.

The elder one will be more like another parent/aunt/uncle to the younger one.

slinky 17-06-2008 16:14

My eldest sister is 32, then me 28 then youngest sister is 22...THEN little brother 12.

20 years between eldest and youngest. My younger brother has 2 older Nieces and 1 older Nephew ( by 6 weeks ).
My mum and sister where in the hospital together having their Boys.
Then my eldest is only a year younger than his uncle :D

Lilly 17-06-2008 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 593991)
My eldest sister is 32, then me 28 then youngest sister is 22...THEN little brother 12.

20 years between eldest and youngest. My younger brother has 2 older Nieces and 1 older Nephew ( by 6 weeks ).

I bet it's so weird being pregnant at the same time as your mum.

Tin Monkey 17-06-2008 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 593977)
I'm an only child so have no personal experience to draw on but in my opinion having 2 children with a big age gap is like having 2 only children.

The elder one will be more like another parent/aunt/uncle to the younger one.

I couldn't disagree more Lilly. I have siblings 8, 15 and 16 years older than me and I see my eldest sister (the one 16 years older) as a sister and I always have done. My relationship with her is different to other relations because she is my sister.

WillowTheWhisp 17-06-2008 16:37

I'm an only child but my late husband had a brother a lot older than him which makes my girls cousins like a different generation.

AccyLass 17-06-2008 17:07

I have older brothers and sisters, oldest will be about 40 now and I am the youngest at 27, I don't talk to any of em:D

There are 5 yrs between my daughter and son, they fight like cat and dog, argue but also can play real nice and stick up for each other:)

jaysay 17-06-2008 17:07

I'm an only one, my parents gave up after me:D
My two daughters have kids, my eldest has a 20 year old daughter
my youngest has two sons 5 and 1, seems she thought it was time to catch up on big sister:rolleyes:

Gayle 17-06-2008 17:42

My family does things in groups

I'm an only child but all my cousins (there's only four of them) and I were born within four years of each other - and we all waited and had our children, between us we have 9 and had them within about six years of each other.

pam1 17-06-2008 17:58

:Di have two boys one going on 40 and the younger one is 23
that's 17 years apart, would you say that's a gap:D:D

derekgas 17-06-2008 18:00

Flippin heck emma!! I will be all night answering this woman! :p Right, I am the eldest, my second brother is 5 years younger than me, and my sister is 7 years younger, easy that bit! My eldest son is 27, second 25 third is 8 years younger at 17, thier sister is 4, there other brother is 1, and 1 on the way, my grandchildren are all older than my youngest 2, and my eldest grandson is older than his aunty sam. (my daughter), and if you come up with another question like this one emma, I may have to drown you! :D:D congratulations on the arrival of little bro though. lol

pam1 17-06-2008 18:04

there was three in my family my sister me and my twin and my sister
was 11 years older then me and my twin.

flashy 17-06-2008 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 593991)

and as i recall, mum, marie, me and you where all pregnant in the same year ;)