Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Accrington Conservative Club (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/accrington-conservative-club-41599.html)

Chelmswood 05-08-2008 15:08

Accrington Conservative Club

Hiyah, i have just driven past the old Accrington Conservative Club on Cannon street, Accrington, opposite the municipal offices and saw two men in hi-viz jackets entering the premises via the front gate.

I noticed that on the way back they had replaced the padlock with a shiny new one and stuck a notice to the railings, can anyone tell me anything more about whats happening at this site as i didnt have time to stop.

Also i noticed that they were later accompanied by four or five smartly dressed official looking gentlemen one of which who arrived in a chauffeur driven rolls royce.

The Gentlemen were in a white Mercedes sprinter van which on the side said H.M. Joint Ventures.

I would appreciate any information anybody has about the company of what the gentlemen were doin as they obviously had the keys to the premises.

Less 05-08-2008 15:12

Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelmswood (Post 615025)

Also i noticed that they were later accompanied by four or five smartly dressed official looking gentlemen one of which who arrived in a chauffeur driven rolls royce.

Are you spying on me? Do you work for the social? Can I not moonlight as a chauffeur without someone spreading it all over the web?

:confused:

Haven't you asked us to do your work before?

About Chelmswood
Location Now
Slaidburn village
Occupation
I am the HR Manager for the Chelmswood and Kingwilkinson estate
How did you find out about us?
Search Engine

katex 05-08-2008 15:13

Maybe Bernadette can go and take a look at the notice for us .. :D

grego 05-08-2008 15:15

Its about time something was done with the building, hope it doesn't become luxury flats though.

garinda 05-08-2008 15:18

Perhaps Andrewb has hired it for a meeting of the local Young Conservatives.

It should be safe enough for just the two of them.:D

Chelmswood 05-08-2008 15:20

Hiya, thnx for the replies i have jus read an article in the accrington observer about it being squatted in, this building is so beutiful yet it has been allowed to fall into disrepair. Its disgusting somebody should do something about it, and if these gentleman were there to maintain or preserve the building i hope they make a good job of it, and preserve it fo future generations.

Less 05-08-2008 15:24

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ion-34634.html

Margaret will tell us when she comes on.
:D

Chelmswood 05-08-2008 15:53

My curiosity has got the better of me, i have had a look back down and read the notice, i cant remember it to its entirety but this is the jist of it.

H.M. Joint Ventures has taken over the premises and will be securing it and making it safe, they will be clearing out and prserving the premises until such a tme when it becomes necessary to find suitable alternative uses.

Hope that helps, also can anyone shed any light on H.M. Joint Ventures as i cant find any information about them

cashman 05-08-2008 15:59

why the interest? missed oppertunity? n by the way Blazeys still waiting for her pack, after volunteering to assist you last year.:rolleyes:

garinda 05-08-2008 16:01

Perhaps someone is about to claim quarrying rights under it.:D

Chelmswood 05-08-2008 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 615057)
why the interest? missed oppertunity? n by the way Blazeys still waiting for her pack, after volunteering to assist you last year.:rolleyes:

Hiya i apolagise unreservedly about this instance, i no longer work for the chelmswood or king-Wilkinson estate and can only assure you and Blazey that her details were passed onto our Mailing office who ican only presume failed to dispatch the parcel.

jaysay 05-08-2008 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 615035)
Perhaps Andrewb has hired it for a meeting of the local Young Conservatives.

It should be safe enough for just the two of them.:D

3 Rindi they're allowed one older member to give guidance:D

Baxenden 05-08-2008 16:55

Hello all, i am new on here and have just registered today. I am glad i came accross this thread as it is because of what i saw at the Conservative club this morning that i chose to register on this forum.

Like chelmswood i saw people entering and leaving what i presumed was an abandoned and derelict building, i am not sure as to the make of the car but i can confirm the gentleman that arrived by car was lets say LOADED for lack of better words.

I am confused as to what is goin on here, the last known owners, according o the local paper is a firm called Axicon or something like that, yet the workers i have seen and the gentlemen i spoke to all represent a company called HM Joint Ventures.

I asked what was happening and was told that the team had been surveying the building and carrying out Health and safety risk assesments before begining restoration.

I hope this information helps Chelmswood.

MargaretR 05-08-2008 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chelmswood (Post 615036)
Hiya, thnx for the replies i have jus read an article in the accrington observer about it being squatted in, this building is so beutiful yet it has been allowed to fall into disrepair. Its disgusting somebody should do something about it, and if these gentleman were there to maintain or preserve the building i hope they make a good job of it, and preserve it fo future generations.

So someone else got squatting before your old employer did:D

Baxenden 05-08-2008 17:55

Ive just been told that someone has purchased the building for 300,000 from Axicon so im guessing it will be HM Joint Ventures