Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Is This The End (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/is-this-the-end-46150.html)

Benipete 12-03-2009 18:27

Is This The End

Historic Oswaldtwistle pub facing its last orders? (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Not looking good for Oswaldtwistle:confused::confused:

tosh 12-03-2009 19:03

Re: Is This The End

how many times has it been closed and then re opened ? i have lost count.

Benipete 12-03-2009 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 691786)
how many times has it been closed and then re opened ? i have lost count.

Every night and day for a hundred years or more:D:D:rolleyes:

Royboy39 12-03-2009 21:52

Might help if that big lemon next door was demolished?

cashman 12-03-2009 22:10

Doubt it roy, was never a great boozer,way back when that was open.:)

Royboy39 12-03-2009 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 691834)
Doubt it roy, was never a great boozer,way back when that was open.:)

I know that...I used to look after the books in my younger days.
The point I was making is why and how the palladium is still standing and what purpose does it serve?
The area would present itself much better if that was'nt there and maybe attract some of the punters from Ossy Mills?

cherokee 12-03-2009 23:19

It was a good boozer years back , Thats before they did what they did with most pubs and knocked all the character out of them by ridding them of the snugs and making them open plan.
That sort of stuff should have been kept to new builds not the old ones. Dont think i know of a pub where such has paid off yet.

Mancie 12-03-2009 23:50

last time I was in the Printers was 20 odd yrs ago so have no idea what it looked like when done up..but it was never the centre of attraction in Ossie....like Cherokee says most "local" pubs do not get more custom by being trumped up with interior design.. apart from a few in Accy center it just does not work.

jaysay 13-03-2009 10:51

That's a shame, had my first pint in there, back when I was 15, used to go in after rehearsals with St. Mary's Amateurs, did quite well in those days, that and the Royal, which were both used by the Travellers from the Green next door

panther 13-03-2009 17:48

I used to have good times in the printers years ago, back when you could do a pub crawl around ossy and finish up at pickups or spring hill club!!, now its out of the way and rubbish, like nearly all the pubs in ossy :(, shame really, i think they should lift the smoking ban!!, resurrect our british pubs!!

jaysay 13-03-2009 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 692066)
I used to have good times in the printers years ago, back when you could do a pub crawl around ossy and finish up at pickups or spring hill club!!, now its out of the way and rubbish, like nearly all the pubs in ossy :(, shame really, i think they should lift the smoking ban!!, resurrect our british pubs!!

Unfortunately I think that your in line with you description, out of you mind, if you ever think that will ever happen panther:)

katex 17-03-2009 22:46

Someone said that the Dog and Otter at Great Harwood was closing .. is this true ?

Know part of a group, and probably axing in the grand scheme of things, but always seemed fairly buoyant to me.