Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Shooting range (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/shooting-range-46349.html)

Caz 22-03-2009 11:13

Shooting range

Does anyone know if there is some sort of shooting range in the Clayton le Moors area? Would account for the noises I hear at weekends lately.
Doesn't sound like fireworks.

pipinfort 22-03-2009 11:26

Re: Shooting range

Last-minute buggy decision sparks anger - News - Accrington Observer_

Could it be this..........?

Caz 22-03-2009 11:30

Cheers Pipinfort, must be the clay pigeon shoot then. Thanks. :)

Margaret Pilkington 22-03-2009 12:19

There is clay pigeon shooting down there every Sunday in the winter.....i am not sure about the summer........I can't recall hearing it much during the summer months......just shows you do consign irritating noises to the background after a while.

TJH 22-03-2009 15:16

The shooting ground in Rishton is open every Sunday except Christmas & News Years day should they be on a sunday. They can't start until 11am and i think everyone has to stop shooting around 2pm. I go most sundays and the shoot is normally over by 1pm. Its very popular but in summer people tend to travel to Conniston and other shooting grounds.

MargaretR 22-03-2009 15:28

I live near allotments and sometimes hear the sound of a shotgun.
I think some allotment holders have automatic devices set to scare off woodpidgeons which there are plenty of around here.

Studio25 22-03-2009 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 695407)
...just shows you do consign irritating noises to the background after a while.

So that's why I struggle to get my wife's attention sometimes. :p

Margaret Pilkington 22-03-2009 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studio25 (Post 695438)
So that's why I struggle to get my wife's attention sometimes. :p

It is more than possible...though I always thought it was men who suffered(if that is the right word)from selective deafness.:)

Neil 22-03-2009 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 695440)
It is more than possible...though I always thought it was men who suffered(if that is the right word)from selective deafness.:)

I prefer the term "selective hearing" personally :D:D

Royboy39 22-03-2009 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 695440)

That is a skill I aquired about thirty years ago....I'ts called 'Throwing a def un' :)

jaysay 23-03-2009 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 695448)
That is a skill I aquired about thirty years ago....I'ts called 'Throwing a def un' :)

Ya what Roy:D

steveh 23-03-2009 20:26

two guys shooting crows in the fields over the canal bridge on the way to altham,

TJH 24-03-2009 07:46

Could you tell me more about the 2 guys shooting crows in Altham please? such as date and time. No one has permission to use a shotgun around there according to the local farmers and we are having serious issues with poaching. Thanks

steveh 25-03-2009 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJH (Post 695927)
Could you tell me more about the 2 guys shooting crows in Altham please? such as date and time. No one has permission to use a shotgun around there according to the local farmers and we are having serious issues with poaching. Thanks

I have seen two guys shooting on moorside farm land on several occasions near to the canal by the old house, I am sure the farmer would have heard the shooting (Last Sunday between 6 and 7am) it was definatley coming from the direction of the farm

TJH 27-03-2009 14:16

Thanks for the information. Thats further down the canal from Sefton Farm. Its the people who are using the fields around Wilsons Playing fields and Pilkington bridge which are causing the problems. I found to dead ducks thrown on my drive today :mad: