Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Fitting an outside tap..... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/fitting-an-outside-tap-46735.html)

Benipete 09-04-2009 18:46

Re: Fitting an outside tap.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 702371)
They have some in Wilkinsons, but watch it, I noticed some of one type, the sealing washers had fallen out, try using one without the washer, and you will have a new shower installed.

Retlaw.

If all else fails,buy a flaming watering can.:flower::flower:

Neil 09-04-2009 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 702708)
Yours would just be 'not to current standards' Neil, and I'm fairly confident you know what that means

But does it have to be to current standards? That is why I asked if it was a retrospective regulation. My back boiler does not meet current standards for efficiency but I don't have to change it.

derekgas 09-04-2009 21:30

No you dont have to change it, unless you change the tap, or the pipework, same with the back boiler, you can repair it, but cant replace it unless you meet the strict criteria for not having a condensing boiler, you can still buy a back boiler unit though!!

Neil 09-04-2009 21:59

Out of interest what is the criteria for not having one of those expensive condensing things that they lie about the efficiency of? :D:D

derekgas 09-04-2009 22:05

They dont lie about the efficiency, I have a gas analiser, and can prove that some of these are up to 98% efficient in the winter.. sedbuk is a seasonal efficiency, not a constant... The criteria, in short, is that the savings made would be far less than the costs of installation, or if a condensing flue or drain cannot possibly be installed, this has to be applied for with the council, and very few are successful, if you live 20 storeys up, with no outside wall, you might just get away with it! :rolleyes:

Neil 09-04-2009 22:16

I might buy myself a spare one then BAXI BERMUDA) :D:D:D

derekgas 10-04-2009 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 702797)
I might buy myself a spare one then BAXI BERMUDA) :D:D:D

Dont buy the one in the link though, it is one of the older ones (401), there wont be many parts available for that, but plenty for the 502, 57/4 and the likes. ;)

Neil 10-04-2009 08:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 702938)
Dont buy the one in the link though, it is one of the older ones (401), there wont be many parts available for that, but plenty for the 502, 57/4 and the likes. ;)

LOL, I was surprised how many parts were for sale for them on ebay.

Anyway it depends who you know that work at Baxi, and I know quite a few :D

derekgas 10-04-2009 08:08

Well, as this thread has wandered off the edge of the planet, might as well carry on (sorry Emzy), I dont know anyone at Baxi, Valor, Potterton, Main, or whoever actually owns it now, I do know that people who work there, dont used thier products, especially if they have to pay! :rolleyes:, used to be a lot of free stuff about, but I think somebody remembered to close the back door!