Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Wood / mesh needed (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/wood-mesh-needed-46981.html)

emzy 18-04-2009 16:53

Wood / mesh needed

Does anyone have any wood / mesh or something that i can attatch to the bottom of my fence in the back garden to stop the dog & rabbit escaping?? Last week it was the rabbit, this week the puppy got out (strange, he wont normally leave the garden but next door had been having a BBQ:rolleyes:)

I need something quite urgently which is why I am asking if someone has anything suitable lying around that I could buy off them.

Thanks in advance

Emma

churchman phil 18-04-2009 17:03

Re: Wood / mesh needed

Took a load to the tip on Thursday - all I have left is some chipboard panels. Will last a while (temporarily until you get summat sorted) but not very good outdoors for a long period. You can have a couple free of charge if you like. How long a gap you need covering??

emzy 18-04-2009 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchman phil (Post 705718)
Took a load to the tip on Thursday - all I have left is some chipboard panels. Will last a while (temporarily until you get summat sorted) but not very good outdoors for a long period. You can have a couple free of charge if you like. How long a gap you need covering??

A good few metres, but have realised that I would need something at least 12" deep so that i can fix it to the fence and it be pushed firm to the ground. There is slates covering the space at the moment but these have been moved somehow (dog, my kids, next doors kids?? dunno who but someone has) and eventhough I have put them back am sure that they would move again.

churchman phil 18-04-2009 17:10

Well I have four or five pieces - maybe cover about 4-5 metres. If you want 'em you can have 'em. Sorry but I can't deliver as I don't drive - PM me for my address if you can come and get them.

emzy 18-04-2009 17:14

PM sent, thank you

Still need a bit more if anyone has anything else lying around

Thanks

churchman phil 19-04-2009 11:18

Hope you got your fence done Emzy!

emzy 19-04-2009 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by churchman phil (Post 705905)
Hope you got your fence done Emzy!

Yeah, most of it thank you, did hit my finger with the hammer though :rolleyes:

emamum 19-04-2009 11:40

might as well come and take my fence, since the guy next door puts his dog in my garden to poo anyway... whats the point of the fence?

emzy 19-04-2009 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 705913)
might as well come and take my fence, since the guy next door puts his dog in my garden to poo anyway... whats the point of the fence?

Report him for it

churchman phil 19-04-2009 12:20

Or throw the poo back over!! He can't blame you if you've no dog.... :D