Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Hospital Bus (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/hospital-bus-47797.html)

BERNADETTE 09-06-2009 12:54

Hospital Bus

Does anybody know if the little red bus still runs from Accrington to the Royal Blackburn Hospital and the times please?

flashy 09-06-2009 13:07

Re: Hospital Bus

Bernie, TRANSDEV do a bus from Accy to the hospital now....you get on it at the Fern Gore bus stop, it might be cheaper getting a £4 day spot on than getting a return

BERNADETTE 09-06-2009 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 719887)
Bernie, TRANSDEV do a bus from Accy to the hospital now....you get on it at the Fern Gore bus stop, it might be cheaper getting a £4 day spot on than getting a return

Knew about this one but it runs at times that make it either ages to wait for appointment or get there five minutes before and hope you don't miss your time:rolleyes: Was thinking the red bus might be better with appointment time:)

AccyMad 09-06-2009 13:42

The red M & M bus doesn't run from Accrington to Blackburn hospital anymore, as Flashy says the route was taken over by Transdev but I'm sure the last time I used it, there was a poster on the bus saying the route would be taken over by Tyrer coaches at the end of May this year. Not sure if they still use the same timetable that Transdev did.

BERNADETTE 09-06-2009 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 719903)
The red M & M bus doesn't run from Accrington to Blackburn hospital anymore, as Flashy says the route was taken over by Transdev but I'm sure the last time I used it, there was a poster on the bus saying the route would be taken over by Tyrer coaches at the end of May this year. Not sure if they still use the same timetable that Transdev did.

Thanks for that seems the choice is made then:)

BERNADETTE 09-06-2009 20:49

Going to be a two bus journey as the direct bus is either to early getting there or to late. I certainly don't envy the people from Clitheroe who use this bus, it is a two hour journey for them near as damned.

Neil 09-06-2009 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 720147)
Going to be a two bus journey as the direct bus is either to early getting there or to late. I certainly don't envy the people from Clitheroe who use this bus, it is a two hour journey for them near as damned.

You can catch a bus that goes from Clitheroe to Blackburn and change there. It would be daft to go from Clitheroe to Blackburn via Accy

Or catch the train from Clitheroe to Blackburn then get a bus

BERNADETTE 09-06-2009 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 720169)
You can catch a bus that goes from Clitheroe to Blackburn and change there. It would be daft to go from Clitheroe to Blackburn via Accy

Or catch the train from Clitheroe to Blackburn then get a bus

I am not going from Clitheroe Neil, was just commenting on the length of the journey for anybody who does use it. You would think there would be a better direct service to the hospital for those people who don't have transport.

Neil 09-06-2009 21:35

Make them walk I say.

Anyway I am far to busy to worry about imbred Clitheronians waiting for my free dental care papers to come through from work to go with my free Bupa plan :D

AccyMad 10-06-2009 10:46

Looks like the timetable is the same as when Transdev ran this bus, I was hoping they'd have added an evening one as my Mum is currently in there awaiting an operation after having a nasty fall yesterday and it's not easy getting to the hospital for evening visiting if you don't have your own transport.

BERNADETTE 10-06-2009 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 720293)
Looks like the timetable is the same as when Transdev ran this bus, I was hoping they'd have added an evening one as my Mum is currently in there awaiting an operation after having a nasty fall yesterday and it's not easy getting to the hospital for evening visiting if you don't have your own transport.

No there is no evening service which I think is ridiculous, it will mean you getting the bus to Blackburn then one from there or walking. Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope the operation and her recovery go well.

AccyMad 11-06-2009 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 720320)
No there is no evening service which I think is ridiculous, it will mean you getting the bus to Blackburn then one from there or walking. Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope the operation and her recovery go well.

Thank you for the good wishes Bernadette, she was in theatre till late last night so haven't seen her yet but will be going tonight, having scrounged a lift to the hospital.

jaysay 11-06-2009 09:37

Just a thought, if anybody needs transport for an hospital appointment, patient transport is worth considering, I have no alternative these days as I need oxygen in transit. the service is very good and easy to use just ring 0845 053 9078 and chose option 1

BERNADETTE 11-06-2009 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 720518)
Thank you for the good wishes Bernadette, she was in theatre till late last night so haven't seen her yet but will be going tonight, having scrounged a lift to the hospital.

Hope the op went well, glad you managed to scrounge a lift:) Your Mum might get moved to Accrington if she needs a convalesence period, it makes visiting so much easier:)