Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   chemist charges (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/chemist-charges-49642.html)

JUICY RED APPLE 29-09-2009 08:15

chemist charges

what is current prices for prescriptions??
im single mum with part time job (no benefits) and i have 5 yr boy. does it ost same even if there is 3 items on one form ?? i have been charged different pries last few times i been chemist so i need to know or sure. even the doctor advised me to find out from elewhere

Mick 29-09-2009 08:18

Re: chemist charges

£7-15 per item i think
sometimes you can buy the items over the counter at a cheaper price
if your doc put asprin on your script it would cost you £7-15 but only 50p in the shop

LYNX1 29-09-2009 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 748895)
£7-15 per item i think
sometimes you can buy the items over the counter at a cheaper price
if your doc put asprin on your script it would cost you £7-15 but only 50p in the shop

£7.20 mick had to get my prescription yesterday...wasn't best pleased :(

LYNX1 29-09-2009 08:26

Just re-read your post..........it's £7.2o per item, it sucks :(

Benipete 29-09-2009 11:13

NHS costs and exemptions : Department of Health - Health care

Try this link.

MargaretR 29-09-2009 11:24

Ironic isn't it that much of the stuff you are paying through the nose for is just covering up symptoms and not curing at all.

flashy 29-09-2009 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUICY RED APPLE (Post 748892)
what is current prices for prescriptions??
im single mum with part time job (no benefits) and i have 5 yr boy. does it ost same even if there is 3 items on one form ?? i have been charged different pries last few times i been chemist so i need to know or sure. even the doctor advised me to find out from elewhere

i know you say your not on benefits but you may be entitled to working family tax credit....worth a try

Margaret Pilkington 29-09-2009 13:38

Check to see if you are eligible for free prescriptions......the chemist will be able to advise you.......if you aren't, and you get lots of items regularly, then it may be worthwhile to get an annual pre-paid card.

Less 29-09-2009 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 748945)
Ironic isn't it that much of the stuff you are paying through the nose for is just covering up symptoms and not curing at all.

Ironic isn't it, that for every post you put on against the NHS, there are probably ten times that amount of patients that have been saved, because it is there, (it may have been neglected, short of funds, but one day even you will find yourself in a situation where 'conventional medicine', is the only way you can go).

Live long and prosper, on your own ideals but please stop knocking what has kept most of us alive.

jaysay 29-09-2009 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 749001)
Ironic isn't it, that for every post you put on against the NHS, there are probably ten times that amount of patients that have been saved, because it is there, (it may have been neglected, short of funds, but one day even you will find yourself in a situation where 'conventional medicine', is the only way you can go).

Live long and prosper, on your own ideals but please stop knocking what has kept most of us alive.

Although I respect Margaret Less, I have to agree with you, but for the NHS I would have been dead years ago, and I've noticed LIFE hasn't been back online (or he hadn't earlier) since is scare mongering was shot down in flames, maybe he took my advice and crawled back under his stone:rolleyes:

flashy 29-09-2009 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 748945)

do you still pay for fags Margaret?

MargaretR 29-09-2009 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 749021)
Although I respect Margaret Less, I have to agree with you, but for the NHS I would have been dead years ago, and I've noticed LIFE hasn't been back online (or he hadn't earlier) since is scare mongering was shot down in flames, maybe he took my advice and crawled back under his stone:rolleyes:

The NHS has enabled your asthma to be controlled but not cured
It is more profitable to keep you alive consuming drugs than to cure you.
My critiscism is not directed at NHS, but at the pharmacutical companies who have an iron grip on all western medical practices and research.

Flashy-
Whether or not I still smoke is irrelevant
I don't ask you how many happy pills a day you need to function

jaysay 30-09-2009 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 749161)
The NHS has enabled your asthma to be controlled but not cured
It is more profitable to keep you alive consuming drugs than to cure you.
My criticism is not directed at NHS, but at the pharmaceutical companies who have an iron grip on all western medical practices and research.

Flashy-

Well Margaret If there is a cure for Asthma I ain't heard of it (apart from Betenko who's had limited success with true asthmatics) Asthma UK are spending millions on trying to find a cure, unless they found it late last night, I'm not aware of it. The problem with Asthma is there are so many trigger factors and not everybody is a true asthmatic, I'm certainly not, I have other underlying problems which also affect my treatment regime. As I have said before I don't know of any alternative medication which will stem a full blown asthma attack, which can kill within minutes, I know I've been there more than once, the last time was to close or comfort, believe me.

flashy 30-09-2009 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 749161)
Flashy-

the answer is ONE love

what happens if heaven forbid you should get some smoking related disease from smoking your fags...how are you going to treat it? the NHS perhaps?

you say you dont put chemicals into your body but do you actually realise how many chemicals are in fags?

you put just as many chemicals in your body as the rest of us

Harmful Chemicals In Cigarettes

please stop being hypocritical and forcing all this rubbish down our necks

now tell me my point was irrelevant

MargaretR 30-09-2009 12:01

Five of the 8 toxins in that list are additives in manufactured cigarettes, which I don't use.
So I have already reduced my toxic load.
As for the remaining 3 - until I succeed in curing my addiction. I am reducing their effects by detoxification on a regular basis, and by use of a herb which thins mucous to enable me to clear my lungs when I feel conjested.

PS I feel no obligation to provide you with this info - but since you ask:rolleyes: