Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/peel-park-teacher-mr-ryan-5828.html)

fireman 20-02-2005 00:50

Re: Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan

i'm only jealous!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret Pilkington 20-02-2005 14:29

No, I'm not jealous......I like where I am now, if I could just have some new knees,and 20/20 vision.......I'd have to go back to work!

fireman 20-02-2005 16:33

i KNOW THE FEELING , MY KNEES ARE KNACKERED TOO , AND I DO MISS WORK AND THE CRACK WITH THE LADS ON THE CREWS

Margaret Pilkington 20-02-2005 20:42

I do miss the crack sometimes, but on the whole wouldn't go back for all the tea in China......too much b****y hassle. Funnily enough I still dream about work.

park381 20-02-2005 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Funnily enough I still dream about work.

Hey that is so sad, you know what they say "don't look back" :s_gupjump
Just enjoy life

Margaret Pilkington 20-02-2005 21:32

Park it is very sad indeed because I work so hard some nights and at the end of the month what is in the pay packet......zero, zilch, nothing.
Nothing could be sadder than that!

park381 20-02-2005 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Park it is very sad indeed because I work so hard some nights and at the end of the month what is in the pay packet......zero, zilch, nothing.
Nothing could be sadder than that!

Gota agree with you there !!

fireman 21-02-2005 00:09

i STILL DREAM ABOUT WORK SOMETIMES BUT IT IS USUALLY THE BAD PARTS OF WORK AND WHAT A LOVELY FEELING WHEN YOU WAKE UP (SOMETIMES IN A SWEAT) AND REALISE YOU WERE DREAMING AND THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE PUT IN THAT SORT OF POSITION AGAIN. JUST KEEP SENDING THE PENSION...........

garinda 23-02-2005 01:28

sorry to interrupt thread, but chris ryan taught me for 2 years, 1974-76, @ moor end in ossy. he was the best teacher l ever had l just wrote & starred in plays for 2 years ,& painted- though l m still a bit hazy about long division. he also played cricket for enfield, before going to peel park. he lived in great harwood & l used to know his daughter cathy.

Margaret Pilkington 23-02-2005 18:32

Garinda..... you are not interrupting a thread. It is WE who have hijacked the thread with our reminiscences which go back to before Mr Ryan......and then we descended into whimsy. It needs putting back on track......Thank you for doing it.

Judithw 17-06-2014 01:16

Further to the following posts re. Mr. Gleave, he was pretty nifty with the ruler on your knuckles aswell - not to mention a big heavy book on the head! Yet he still managed to be well-liked & respected somehow ..

mossy1 14-12-2014 21:45

Hi, new member here, just wondering if anyone remembers Mr Mckeown? brilliant teacher at Peel Park..I left in 1982. I am trying to track him down if anyone has any info on his whereabouts...;)