Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/peel-park-teacher-mr-ryan-5828.html)

WillowTheWhisp 05-11-2004 08:48

Re: Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan

I don't remember that. Was it in the Infants or the Juniors?

Sparkologist 25-11-2004 17:33

I remember Mr Ryan, when he was a teacher at Moor End, up Ossy, if it is the same bloke. Mr Ryan used to run the school football and cricket teams. He also used to play cricket at Great Harwood. He was a good teacher who had time for everyone. He made lessons very interesting and inspired his pupils to learn, unlike one embittered old sod called Mr Batty, who ruled with fear and a cat-o-nine tails.

rosegrove 10-12-2004 16:46

i was on the flightover blackpool i am 52 now remeber a teacher called mr hicling he used to take us to the old accy baths for swiming lessons when i was in the infants my teacher was miss otter a have a old school photo somewere with the class and miss otter

WillowTheWhisp 10-12-2004 23:35

I remember Miss Otter. I don't remember a Mr. Hicling though. You must have been there the same time I was. I wonder if you were in my class. Did you have Mr. Gleave in the top class and Mr. Brown the year before that?

accyplus 11-12-2004 09:45

I bowed to alla many painful times when Mr Gleave was my teacher,what a cruel man
he was,he used to hit you right on your monkey tail with a giant pump and boy did it hurt!,if he caught you chewing gum he would make you spit it out in his hand,he would
then place it on the top of your head and then flatten the gum in your hair and you had to go home like that,and the other teachers were as bad,namely Mrs Becker,
Miss Abbot,Mr Basset.Yes Peel Park jnr,s in the fifties was pretty tough .

WillowTheWhisp 11-12-2004 09:54

I remember him flinging board dusters across the room, and the rap on the back of the knuckles with a ruler. Don't remember the chewing gum. Maybe none of us chewed gum, or dared let him catch us doing it.

Mr. Brown used to use a table tennis bat. I'd forgotton Mr. Gleave's "giant pump" until you mentioned it.

rosegrove 11-12-2004 14:26

can not remeber if any of those teachers names but it sounds like it could be i was at peel park when we were given a presant to celabrate 60 years of the school been open ray pointer well known burnley player came to celabrate the event from peel park went to woodnook school bad place bullying etc glad when i left to move to the midlands my father got a better job left school 1967 lived within grove grasmere close

accymel 11-12-2004 15:52

I went to Peel Park in the early to mid eighties & remember Mr Burkinshaw taking over Mr Gray i think or could be Ryan i remeber his face than name vaguely remember thinking that we swopped to Nutter headteachers LOL. Quite ironically im hoping Peel Park say yes to a placement there, be nice to go back n reminice, altho i know it has changed decor be interesting to if the headteachers office is still at the boys entrance. Anyone remember Mrs Proctor deputy head based in infants school, Miss Dean, mrs Mason, Mrs Adcroft, Mrs Cocker, Mrs Heap, Mrs Tattersall...n Mr Henderson i think still there.

WillowTheWhisp 11-12-2004 16:32

Rosegrove, I was on that flight over Blackpool too. We must have been at school at the same time. I bet we knew each other.

Terry 12-12-2004 12:51

I remember going to Peel Park in 1946 for 6 months. It was my worst memory of school. The teachers were horrible, and although I can't remember ever being a target I saw other kids who were. I don't know any of the names but I remember the lady teachers toilet being in the middle of the main assembly hall.:)

rosegrove 01-01-2005 19:57

hi willow happy new year yes we could know each other my name is stuart nelson i lived at within grove can you remeber if it was mr brown who took us to the baths ,i remember we had to walk whatever the weather .also can you remember the woodwork teachers name ,also there was a photo of the flight over blackpool, showing some of the class waiting to board the plane i think it might have been in accy observer if you was to go to accy libary and ask to see old copys of the observer for that year you might find the photo all the best rosegrove

WillowTheWhisp 01-01-2005 21:25

I've got a copy of that old photo somewhere and I know I'm on it. It's also in a book about Accy. I think I've got a copy of the photo on the old PC but it's very poor quality. It's hard to recognise anybody.

Yes I think Mr. Brown took the boys to the baths. The funny thing is that I can't remember who took the girls. I do remember having to walk all the way there and back!

lindsay ormerod 04-01-2005 16:29

According my 9 year old daughter there are still teachers of the names Mason,Cocker,Heap,Tattersall and Henderson at Peel park;Mr Burkinshaw retired at the end of summer term last year and the new headmistress is Mrs Williams.

accymel 04-01-2005 16:46

Oh good golly i'll reap em nitemares then when i start my placement there if accepted for teaching assn't .....ekkkkkk PMSL

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
According my 9 year old daughter there are still teachers of the names Mason,Cocker,Heap,Tattersall and Henderson at Peel park;Mr Burkinshaw retired at the end of summer term last year and the new headmistress is Mrs Williams.

kestrelx 04-01-2005 17:21

Anybody remember Mr Hinchcliffe? lol