Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/peel-park-teacher-mr-ryan-5828.html)

WillowTheWhisp 04-01-2005 20:27

Re: Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan

I remember him. He was the headmaster when I was there but is was Hinchliffe not Hinchcliffe. I remember his being most specific about the way his name was spelt.

kestrelx 11-01-2005 18:17

Well I'll be dammned I didn't know that is how he spelt his name lol!" - he used to live in a old house up Sandy Lane - now I wonder if that building still exists?

WillowTheWhisp 11-01-2005 18:38

I haven't been up there for ages. I think it was round the end of Ascot Way area wasn't it?

kestrelx 21-01-2005 10:45

Yeh it was I don't know if it's still there - probably not!?:confused:

Shurm 22-01-2005 10:23

I remember Mr Dickinson oouuccchhh lol and Mr Rawlinson Mr Paris (Headmaster) Mrs Clarke theres a pic on my friends reunited page of the football team with Dickinson on it lol.

kestrelx 01-02-2005 19:35

Yeh I remember Mr Dickinson and then there was Mr Cox and I think Miss Jackson who got married back then and became a Mrs.

fireman 09-02-2005 18:55

i remember the line, stood many an hour their, Remember mrs clifton who taught violin she lived at the bottom of avenue parade. she caught me sledging down the road on my violin case. mr gleaves sent me to put my pe shorts on and gave me 6 crackers in front of class 1. I also spent every break for a week on the line.

fireman 09-02-2005 19:08

mr. hinchliffe's house is still there unfortunately he is dead now but i spoke to him whilst he was working in his gardeen not long before he died. he was a nice old man.

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2005 19:31

Fireman, we were probably at Peel Park at the same time......I remember Miss Butterworth, Mr Gleaves, Miss Kay(who later became Mrs Phillips) Mrs Shaw,Mrs Clifton,Mr Heaton. Do you remember one of the pupils who played violin beautifully......her name was Vivian Ronchetti and she frequently played for morning assembly.

fireman 09-02-2005 19:35

yes i do they never asked me toplay alone just with the others. mrs philips ended up a relative of mine when she became philips, i personally enjoyed peel park .

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2005 19:40

I liked Peel Park too.......I was very sorry to leave.

fireman 09-02-2005 19:42

where did you go to from peel park

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2005 19:44

I lived in the Woodnook area so that was the natural place to go......left at 15......no qualifications, but made it up later in life......but it was hard.

fireman 09-02-2005 19:50

i did the same went to hyndburn park left at 14 cause birthday in september then went to college etc and did ok

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2005 19:59

Mr Hinchliffe told me that I wouldn't pass my 11+ and I didn't, I don't think I was ready for it. I left school the year that they started doing GCE's and one of the teachers at Woodnook asked my father to let me stay on at school to take some but he refused......said I had to go out to work.....so I did.