Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/peel-park-teacher-mr-ryan-5828.html)

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2005 20:47

Re: Peel Park teacher Mr Ryan

Yeah, who knows we may even be related if we look closely enough. I may get to the next meeting.

fireman 09-02-2005 20:49

ok love goodnight

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2005 20:49

Yippeee I have just noticed I have become a senior member!

fireman 10-02-2005 12:28

my wife went to st johns in accrington and last night she asked if i remembersd... PEEL PARK SAUSAGES SITTING ON A WALL, ST. JOHN BULLDOGS CAME AND ATE THEM ALL.

fireman 10-02-2005 12:31

My Wife Went To St. Johns In Accrington And Last Night After Our Chat Saked If I Remembered. " Peel Park Sausages Sitting On A Wall, St. Johns Bulldogs Came And Ate Them All."

Margaret Pilkington 10-02-2005 14:48

I remember that chant. Fireman, did Frank Clayton live up near the old Ambulance station????? If he did then I know who you mean. One of my other friends had a mad crush on him and she used to persuade me to walk past his house to get a glimpse of him

fireman 10-02-2005 15:43

yes he di on broad oak road. and he still does

Margaret Pilkington 10-02-2005 18:48

I was lying there in bed last night trying to remember Frank Clayton..... then it struck me that my friend Sheila Christopher had a huge crush on him and she would get me to go with her and we walked past his house hundreds of times.....he was quite a tall lad with glasses......maybe if I think hard enough I will remember John Redfern.

fireman 10-02-2005 18:51

john was very shy probably because of the birth mark on his face which was quite large. i think he lived in the baxenden area

Margaret Pilkington 10-02-2005 18:56

No... doesn't ring any bells at all.

fireman 10-02-2005 18:58

no well he wasn't very dynamic, but the last i heard was he was leader of the sydney philharmonic orchestra did ok eh

Margaret Pilkington 10-02-2005 19:02

Oh..... so I won't see him walking around Accy then. I'll have to look out for him the next time I am in Sydney......wouldn't that be a hoot???? me turning up at the Sydney opera house and waving to him and singing 'Peel Park sausages' etc

fireman 10-02-2005 19:06

think he might ignor you

Margaret Pilkington 10-02-2005 19:12

Now how could he do that?.....with me a lady of exceeding charm and beauty! LOL
And once he hears the Peel Park Anthem .......well, that should swing it for me. He might even give me complimentary tickets to the Opera House (it's an arm and a leg to get in)

fireman 10-02-2005 19:16

it might be worth a try just get the doorman to get a message to him that a peel park sausage is at the door. think you would soon see several white coats converging on you. their coming to take me away ha ha.