Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Coeliacs disease (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/coeliacs-disease-59801.html)

jaysay 10-11-2011 09:44

Re: Coeliacs disease

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 946421)
they gave me omeprazole a few years ago for my constant bloating and tummy cramps, they worked

Margaret, you say you get acid from onions, i made some leek and potato soup this morning...it was intended to be eaten for dinner tonight, i had a spoonful to see if it tasted ok and almost immediately the acid started, i had to throw it all away, i had 2 tiny pieces of warburtons bread at my friends yesterday, within minutes of eating it i was doubled over in agony

i'm just going to have to avoid foods that start it off, i write them down each time it happens

this living thing is rather complicated isn't it

Shaz its the easiest thing in the world to rule out coeliac disease, a blood test, I know Joan was in complete agony before she was diagnosed 21 years ago, she lost 4 stone in weight. since she was diagnosed she is as fit as a fiddle, in fact she says she's never felt better, but she does stick to the diet religiously, and even I am conscious of cross contamination, I don't use the same butter or toaster for instance, always wipe worktops down after food prep etc

flashy 10-11-2011 11:31

i think i would have been in much more pain if it was coeliacs John, from what i've read about it, i'm just going to avoid the things that trigger the acid and see how it goes, thankyou very much for all your input John, it's good to know that accywebbers look out for each other

thanx to everyone else too, we always know where we can come when we are unsure about anything

Margaret Pilkington 10-11-2011 12:18

One of my work colleagues was diagnosed with Ceoliac disease after many years of feeling under par......she was tired, had gained a lot of weight despite not having changed her eating habits.......she thought she might have diabetes, or hypothyroidism, was checked out for these things and was given the all clear. the blood test for Coeliac was not conclusive either.....in the end she had a jejunal biopsy and this confirmed the daignosis.
Since being diagnosed she has lost the weight she put on and has regained her zest for life.

Benipete 10-11-2011 18:13

Just had a full check up and It turned out that the only thing I didn't have was Hypochondria.:D

joking apart I had trouble with my stomach for years.In the end It was put down to very strong pain killers.Stopped taking them.:(

Been not to bad as late just put up with the pain more.:eek::alright::D

jaysay 10-11-2011 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 946509)
i think i would have been in much more pain if it was coeliacs John, from what i've read about it, i'm just going to avoid the things that trigger the acid and see how it goes, thankyou very much for all your input John, it's good to know that accywebbers look out for each other

thanx to everyone else too, we always know where we can come when we are unsure about anything

The thing is Shaz coeliac disease affects different people in different ways, and to different extents, Joan gets the dermatitis (as well as other symptoms), if she's been contaminated, I know that's a strong term but its true, there are people that get excruciating stomach pains, I hear about new cases all the time because its Joan's department her telephone number is the Manchester contact number for the newly diagnosed

Barrie Yates 16-11-2011 11:31

Flashy, have a look at Coeliac UK. You may find some help there.