Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Stolen Goods (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/stolen-goods-60208.html)

Footy Nut 21-12-2011 14:53

Stolen Goods

Can anyone let me know any shop that purchase Jewellery and Electrical goods?

My house was broken into last night and I think that items stollen will be sold to shops, watches, necklaces straighteners Ipod.:mad:

Many Thanks

groove 21-12-2011 15:07

Re: Stolen Goods

Most folk use either cash generators or cash convertors to pawn jewellry and electrical goods, although they wont accept anything without I.D and they take your foto.

Greeny 21-12-2011 16:33

Jewellers shop buy gold, you only need to show an household bill as proof.

jaysay 21-12-2011 18:50

Usually they don't sell their ill gotten gains in the area its stolen, I remember when I was broken into around 1980, the detective told use there was very little chance of use getting our stuff back as they usual take it out of a area

Margaret Pilkington 21-12-2011 20:19

Also being as it is Christmas, much of this stuff may be sold at the pub...the thieves usually have a great line in patter 'just lost me job...no money for presents for the kids......no money for grub...have to sell some of me stuff to get by'.

I'm sorry you have had such bad luck at this time of year......I hope you are covered by insurance or that you get your stuff back.

groove 22-12-2011 10:28

Most thieves in Accy are'nt criminal masterminds. They are desperate smackheads who will sell they're ill gotten gains at the first opportunity for peanuts. They have'nt got the means and energy to peddle their goods out of town.

Less 22-12-2011 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove (Post 957583)
Most thieves in Accy are'nt criminal masterminds. They are desperate smackheads who will sell they're ill gotten gains at the first opportunity for peanuts. They have'nt got the means and energy to peddle their goods out of town.

From which side of the fence have you gained this knowledge?

As a buyer or seller?

jaysay 22-12-2011 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 957588)
From which side of the fence have you gained this knowledge?

As a buyer or seller?

Ya now there's a think Less:D

groove 22-12-2011 14:15

About 10 years ago Grooves mum was burgled. Within 2 hours Groove had traced the culprit down down to due to a neighbour seeing his car. Groove drove round the usual places were this scum hang around, certain houses on Brunswick terrace etc and found the car. The culprit then led us to a scrapyard were are goods were and retuened them. He sent a neutral person out with the goods because i think he knew he was gonna get a good hiding anyway, i believe he fled over the back wall of the scrapyard.