Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Decent pubs in Accy (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/decent-pubs-in-accy-61845.html)

JUANTAYLOS 07-07-2012 07:03

Decent pubs in Accy

Anyone got any decent suggestions of good, friendly pubs in Accrington? :alright:

wallop79 07-07-2012 10:21

Re: Decent pubs in Accy

None left in Accy anymore that I can think of.

DaveinGermany 07-07-2012 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallop79 (Post 1001550)

You'll have the A.R.D. (Accyweb railway denizens) knocking on your door wearing pillowcases, blankets & burning torches on your lawn if you're not careful. :eek: :D

Stevie R 07-07-2012 10:31

You won`t go wrong at the Peel Park

Restless 07-07-2012 10:42

How do you mean by friendly?

Hard to say what is a good pub these days. Myself that is.

I don't like loud pubs. I am fussy. If it is a loud club, I expect a band to be playing live and not playing loud crap music with loads of 12-18 year olds pointing to the sky and binge drinking.

A pub where everybody knows each other isn't so bad. But they don't exist anymore for whatever reason, apart from the ones that are filled with 1) People on benifits or 2) people that will go for the cheapest pee-poor pint in town. (aka pubs on blackburn road)

I guess Railway on a sat when people from accyweb meet might be a good idea. Go and say hello or whatever. I haven't done that myself yet. I am a bit shy and reserved; of which makes meeting people and pubs hard work. :D

I have to say I prefer a pub where they also serve food. Often you don't get idiots staying there for long, that is when football isn't also being shown. Football idiots & me trying to enjoy a pint and a meal. UGH

LOL this has turned into more of a rant than anything. OK so pubs I have enjoyed in the past couple of years(without "incident"):-

Whittakers arms, Hare & Hounds, Calder, Wetherspoons and Adelphi.

Adelphi is closed now, but they used to serve Warsteiner( a great beer ) that was a very big dive of a pub, but it had the kind of youth that liked Rock/Metal music. They reminded me of myself at their age. :D

The Greyhound in Clayton. Well Its actually in Altham before Clayton. That is an unusual pub. Me and a friend went in and he actually heard one person say whisper to another "strangers, strangers" A bar that, to my knowledge does not allow music of any kind. If you like any brand of beer other than Samuel Smith don't even bother going there! But. The pints are cheap and that Alpine lager isn't a bad pint.

Restless 07-07-2012 10:43

I have never been in there. Im just around the corner, so perhaps I will at some point. I am on a sobriety mission at the moment so It wont be any time soon :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie R (Post 1001554)
You won`t go wrong at the Peel Park

susie123 07-07-2012 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUANTAYLOS (Post 1001528)
Anyone got any decent suggestions of good, friendly pubs in Accrington? :alright:

As I no longer live in Accy I can't help you with recommendations but I think you may need to add a bit more about what sort of pub you're looking for. One's man's decent pub is another's hellhole.

For instance do you like pubs with music or conversation? Lager or real ale? Restless gives a good answer based on the sort of pubs he likes but it may be not your cup of tea, sorry pint of beer.

If you like beer of the real ale variety this link may give you an idea of what is on offer, then you can start narrowing down the pubs. I think Stevie R's suggestion of the Peel Park is as good a place to start as any from what I've heard. Only sorry I can't visit it myself!

East Lancs CAMRA - Pub Guide - Pub Search Results

jelly baby 07-07-2012 11:24

The Park Inn on Manchester Rd is a good little pub, regular guest beers, good food, not too pricey.
Grants is ok, but food a bit pricey, have heard Arden has improved lately.
JB

wallop79 07-07-2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jelly baby (Post 1001564)
The Park Inn on Manchester Rd is a good little pub, regular guest beers, good food, not too pricey.
Grants is ok, but food a bit pricey, have heard Arden has improved lately.
JB

Grants no longer does food, I went in for some grub bout 4 months back & was told they don't serve it anymore.

Restless 07-07-2012 13:29

Ironically I am in the railway with my father. Does anybody think they have enough tvs?

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk

Less 07-07-2012 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallop79 (Post 1001550)

There are plenty left in Accy, but then, would we really want someone with such a miserable outlook as the above visiting them?

No-one can just walk into a pub and expect to get more out than they put in, it's down to mixing and tolerating, (God I hate having to do that), if a pub doesn't suit move on, you'll find one to your liking eventually, (at least thats what I tell myself 18 times a day whilst looking for the 'perfect' place).
:D

jaysay 07-07-2012 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1001557)
I have never been in there. I'm just around the corner, so perhaps I will at some point. I am on a sobriety mission at the moment so It wont be any time soon :D

Well you can't keep watch on the cones if your blotto Restless, can't leave it all to Dave:D:D

jaysay 07-07-2012 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1001583)
Ironically I am in the railway with my father. Does anybody think they have enough tvs?

The act as CCTV for when Mick Less and Beni are in:D

Restless 07-07-2012 13:44

I just aint outgoing. Does that make me miserable?

Restless 07-07-2012 13:57

Well my sobriety didnt last long.