Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Eating fish and chips later???? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/eating-fish-and-chips-later-62113.html)

gdm27 06-08-2012 20:09

Eating fish and chips later????

Anyone know if or how you can buy fish and chips from the chippy and keep them from going soggy when you want to eat them a couple of hours later????? :confused::confused::confused:

MargaretR 06-08-2012 20:16

Re: Eating fish and chips later????

A fish kept warm so long doesn't sound a good idea to me.

To stop batter going soggy as you carry them home, don't have vinegar on it until you want to eat it.

Mancie 06-08-2012 20:35

Know a Geordie lad that went out on the lash and end of night bought fish n chips wrapped and went home.. at home he can't find his fish n chips and searches around for ages can't find em and goes to bed... next day he goes out the front door ..fish n chips are on his doorstep..he must have put em down to open his door.lol

alan7554 07-08-2012 08:32

stick em in the freezer compartment,then micro wave when you want to eat them

MargaretR 07-08-2012 11:46

I don't own a microwave*, but recall that when I did, it made some foods 'soggy' e.g. pastry.

*(I don't 'nuke' my food)

mobertol 07-08-2012 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1007742)
I don't own a microwave*, but recall that when I did, it made some foods 'soggy' e.g. pastry.

*(I don't 'nuke' my food)

You're right Margaret, I find that too,yuk. I keep bread in the freezer defrost in the microwave and it goes soft so i put it in a hot oven for a few minutes to revive it and crisp it up.

As to fish and chips I would suggest putting it in a metal tray on a piece of kitchen roll to absorb grease. Separate out the fish and the chips so they aren't piled up on top of each other and then put in the center of a hot oven for 5-10 minutes to heat up -should be relatively crispy that way.:)

MargaretR 07-08-2012 12:27

Best not use a microwave for defrosting either.

The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking :: Health-Science.Com ::

mobertol 07-08-2012 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1007748)

I rarely use it at all - at the moment it's so hot here that the bread defrosts in the blink of an eye anyway. (I don't eat it anyway -just feed it to my dearly beloved;):D)

MargaretR 07-08-2012 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1007749)
I rarely use it at all - at the moment it's so hot here that the bread defrosts in the blink of an eye anyway. (I don't eat it anyway -just feed it to my dearly beloved;):D)

Are Widows Pensions in Italy better than we have in UK? :D

mobertol 07-08-2012 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1007750)
Are Widows Pensions in Italy better than we have in UK? :D

Will look into it now -thanks for the suggestion;)

Matt Shaw 07-08-2012 16:43

Best idea i have is get fish and chips, eat them and if still hungry in a few hours go back for additional fish and chips. Another top tip is have a go yourself only easy and tastes yummy.

annesingleton 07-08-2012 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1007748)

It's very easy to make porridge in the microwave, in a pyrex jug, only takes a couple of minutes and no messy pan!
As for the fish and chips, Mobertol's idea sounds the best to me.

MargaretR 07-08-2012 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1007803)
It's very easy to make porridge in the microwave, in a pyrex jug, only takes a couple of minutes and no messy pan!
As for the fish and chips, Mobertol's idea sounds the best to me.

I know it's easy but what's the point of eating it when it isn't going to nourish you.

" Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens. One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables."

susie123 07-08-2012 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1007806)
I know it's easy but what's the point of eating it when it isn't going to nourish you.

" Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens. One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables."

On the other hand...

Microwave Cooking – Is It Safe?

Having spent some time today reading around this subject I find that most of Google's hits contain exactly the same article cut and pasted ad infinitum, from which Margaret's quote comes. I got very bored...

MargaretR 07-08-2012 19:20

my new signature was done early today - very apt.