Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/parking-ticket-issued-outside-the-market-hall-with-a-disabled-badge-62679.html)

hairylee 18-10-2012 11:16

parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Hi, Can anyone help please, I have been issued a parking ticket today outside the market hall, I had displayed a disabled permit belonging to my disabled mother who was sat in the car, I had nipped into the market hall for 6 teacakes and 4 peices of bacon I was 4 minutes (I had to set the timer disc and then checked when I got back) There were disabled spaces but taken. Some guy who was there when I got the notice said its a scam?? they can't own land that belongs to the council?? The more annoying fact is that I could have parked on double yellow 10 foot away and displayed the badge, but inside I decided to use a designated space and got penalised. Does anyone know if ive a leg to stand on fine is £100 or £50 for early payment. I can't ring only to pay disputes in writing but then failure of appeal means I will have to pay the £100....I am very upset (actually crying, I know i'm silly) can someone from the council comment also plz??

hairylee 18-10-2012 11:21

Re: parking Ticket issued outside the market hall, with a disabled badge?

Just to add i did call the number on the fine, a lady answered said it can be confusing, as it does day permit holders only, she also added that if I has parked in the disabled bays (which were full) I would still have received a ticket as you need to display a permit with the a disabled permit??

Sunflower49 18-10-2012 13:26

I don't know enough to be of any use, other than I think you'll find a way around this by the sounds of it.

MITZY 18-10-2012 13:41

Surely the disabled permit is so the disabled person can go to the shops, not sit in the car whilst an able bodied person goes. I might be wrong on this and if so I apologise in advance.

hairylee 18-10-2012 13:48

yes I understand what you are saying, she did at the time want to come but to be honest if she'd of gotten out of the car it would have taken too long. Changed her mind last minute (we were on our way to funeral) she doesn't come out much for this reason (shame really, she feels like a hinderance)

Sunflower49 18-10-2012 13:49

That may be true-but I imagine a ticket inspector would not be able to tell if the person in the car was disabled-nor know whether the absent driver was disabled. As I said I'm no expert, but I don't think this ticket was fair, and I think the OP could probably get around paying it.

Neil 18-10-2012 14:50

If the parking bay is for permit holders only and you don't have a permit for that bay then it sounds like the ticket was fair. Accrington has loads of disabled parking spaces without you blocking the space needed for people to load and unload things at the market. If its at the side where I am thinking, stall holders can give you a permit so you can collect big/heavy/awkward items from the market.

Chris SUI JURIS 18-10-2012 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairylee (Post 1023114)
Hi, Can anyone help please, I have been issued a parking ticket today outside the market hall, I had displayed a disabled permit belonging to my disabled mother who was sat in the car, I had nipped into the market hall for 6 teacakes and 4 peices of bacon I was 4 minutes (I had to set the timer disc and then checked when I got back) There were disabled spaces but taken. Some guy who was there when I got the notice said its a scam?? they can't own land that belongs to the council?? The more annoying fact is that I could have parked on double yellow 10 foot away and displayed the badge, but inside I decided to use a designated space and got penalised. Does anyone know if ive a leg to stand on fine is £100 or £50 for early payment. I can't ring only to pay disputes in writing but then failure of appeal means I will have to pay the £100....I am very upset (actually crying, I know i'm silly) can someone from the council comment also plz??

I wouldn't hold my breath for a response from any council employee ;)
Yet another victim of unlawfull parking tickets :mad:.
firstly don't get upset by these schoolyard bully tactics(if you don't pay then we'll get our big brother(court) to force you to pay) I say challenge it.
Who issued it i assume it was a private company?
Read it carefully see if they've filled it out correctly if you can use a technicality to sort it out it's quicker and less stressful.(remember the burden of proof is on them not you)
My route would be to write No contract return to sender on it and send it back and then blank them (but i'm a 1 man crime wave so ignore that bit lol)

best advice i can give is research,research,research

Do not pay Private company parking tickets - YouTube

How To Deal With Private Parking Companies - A Truth Hunters Film - YouTube

Neil 18-10-2012 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023136)
I wouldn't hold my breath for a response from any council employee ;)
Yet another victim of unlawfull parking tickets :mad:.
firstly don't get upset by these schoolyard bully tactics(if you don't pay then we'll get our big brother(court) to force you to pay) I say challenge it.
Who issued it i assume it was a private company?

I hope hairylee is careful with the information you posted because if its where I think it wont be a private firm it will be the Council wardens which are enforceable by law and ignoring them will likely end you up in court.

katex 18-10-2012 16:13

Lots of motorists have been in trouble with this one, including our MP :

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...all-51522.html

If a private company
, they have no right to take you to court. Like Chris says, they are absolute bullies and the language they use scares people into tipping up immediately.

They have to prove it was you who parked it there. Of course, they know you are the owner of the vehicle ... will pay for the records. Don't sign any correspondence.

This is also extremely good information:

What a State Unlawful Car Parking Charges

I have recently come across them, and they tried to bully me ... however, I was lucky, still had my ticket ... just keyed in my car registration incorrectly.

Best of luck, Hairylee.

flashy 18-10-2012 16:32

It wasn't a disabled bay, it was a permit holders bay, you aren't disabled, unlawful use of badges too so therefore you are in the wrong, you could have parked a hundred yards up the road at the side of what was Mcdonalds with your badges IF your mother had got out the car, it pi$$es me off when people come on here moaning about something that is their own fault

katex 18-10-2012 16:36

It is not a disabled issue though, Flashy, just a parking issue.

Sunflower49 18-10-2012 16:48

I didn't get from the OP that it was a permit holder's bay?

I guess because I don't know Accrington as well as most of the members here my bad!If it was, then that's different.

I have argued against unfair parking tickets in the past and won, always private companies though. One of them was £90 straight up, which I was issued between midnight and 4am in a private car park. Ridiculous IMO anyway that's off topic.

I hope the teacakes provided some solace :)

katex 18-10-2012 16:53

Just a point .... it would be LCC if council owned and the company would be 'Lancashire Parking Services'.

If it is, fear you may have a problem. :(

Chris SUI JURIS 18-10-2012 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1023144)
it wasn't a disabled bay, it was a permit holders bay, you aren't disabled, unlawful use of badges too so therefore you are in the wrong, you could have parked a hundred yards up the road at the side of what was mcdonalds with your badges if your mother had got out the car, it pi$$es me off when people come on here moaning about something that is their own fault

heart of gold you mate :(

Chris SUI JURIS 18-10-2012 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1023141)
Of course, they know you are the owner of the vehicle .

I think you'll find it's the DVLA who are the owner....your just the keeper ;) :D:D

katex 18-10-2012 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023153)
I think you'll find it's the DVLA who are the owner....your just the keeper ;) :D:D

Don't be pedantic .... :spank: even if you are correct.. :D

Chris SUI JURIS 18-10-2012 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1023154)
Don't be pedantic .... :spank: even if you are correct.. :D

when you register anything,you transfer ownership...hope no1 has registered there kids? :hidewall::hidewall::hidewall:

susie123 18-10-2012 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023156)
when you register anything,you transfer ownership...hope no1 has registered there kids? :hidewall::hidewall::hidewall:

You're talking about the Land Registry - registering your property so you can transfer ownership from one person to another. I hardly see the DVLA - owning all the cars in Britain? Give me a break! You can transfer the registration from one keeper to another but not to the DVLA!

https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-...-your-property

Chris SUI JURIS 18-10-2012 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1023157)
You're talking about the Land Registry - registering your property so you can transfer ownership from one person to another. I hardly see the DVLA - owning all the cars in Britain? Give me a break! You can transfer the registration from one keeper to another but not to the DVLA!

https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-...-your-property

I believe they own most(not mine an a few others) ;)

Come on Dectective supersue i thought you of all folk would know the score with folk owning next to nothing.Why do you think they can come an crush it? ;)

katex 18-10-2012 17:41

No, of course, the person who registers with the DVLA is not necessarily the owner ... neither is the DVLA. The owner is the person who can prove he has paid for the car and not passed it on to anyone for 'keeps' :)

You are just stating that you are responsible for this car and therefore 'the keeper'. Of course, you may well be the owner too, but that does not concern the DVLA, if that makes sense.

Gordon Booth 18-10-2012 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023156)
when you register anything,you transfer ownership...hope no1 has registered there kids?

I signed the registry when I got married.
Does that mean I transfered ownership of my wife? If so can I hand her back in please?

You do come out with some absolute drivel, ChrisSJ.

If you're trolling do it intelligently otherwise you leave us thinking you're just stupid.

Chris SUI JURIS 18-10-2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1023160)
Does that mean I transfered ownership of my wife? If so can I hand her back in please?

If you're trolling do it intelligently otherwise you leave us thinking you're just stupid.

lol you wish G.
i can't beieve you/some folk on here seriously and there was me thinking you was clued up ;)

don't take my word for it....research it :rolleyes:

Sunflower49 18-10-2012 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023158)

Come on Dectective supersue i thought you of all folk would know the score with folk owning next to nothing.Why do you think they can come an crush it? ;)

Okay sorry for threadjack but I'm confused.
So, I registered with the DVLA for my car and my motorhome. But before I did that, I owned them, and now I don't? Serious question-I don't get this.

katex 18-10-2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1023160)

It's just confusing, that's all, Gordon.

Just thinking about Hairylee's problem again ... the LCC are only concerned with motorists blocking their highways, so may be just a private company here.

Come back, Hairylee ...need more info' from you, and this particular area of land appears to have always been a grey area. It would be good to know the full facts once and for all.

katex 18-10-2012 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 (Post 1023162)
Okay sorry for threadjack but I'm confused.
So, I registered with the DVLA for my car and my motorhome. But before I did that, I owned them, and now I don't? Serious question-I don't get this.

No, Sugarmouse, if you paid for them and have an invoice to prove it .... you are both the owner and the keeper. Ownership is nothing to do with the DVLA .. they are only interested in the person who will be responsible for them on a permanent basis.

Sunflower49 18-10-2012 18:00

Lol thanks, I thought so by default! But then when Chris etc said that..........

Gordon Booth 18-10-2012 18:05

Getting back to the question surely Mitzy and flashy are right?
A disabled pass is to enable a disabled person to park as close as possible to where they want to go?
If an able bodied person uses it and the disabled person stays in the car then technically the pass is being abused. If hairylees mother had got out using the pass would have been valid but she decided not to -once that happened hairylee was in the wrong.
Whether issuing a ticket to anyone parking there(disabled pass or none) was valid I don't know but if it was marked for traders only she was again pushing her luck.

susie123 18-10-2012 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 (Post 1023165)
Lol thanks, I thought so by default! But then when Chris etc said that..........

Take no notice, he thinks he knows it all...

Thanks Kate, that was a very clear explanation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023158)

The key word in that statement is believe... So they don't own yours... is that because it's not taxed? In that case they can authorise it to be crushed.

You'll be saying next you're driving without insurance as well - if that's so then you really are the lowest of the low. (Apols in advance if that's not so.)

susie123 18-10-2012 18:24

Did the person who issued the ticket speak to the lady in the car? If she were in the passenger seat would the ticket issuer not have assumed that the absent driver was the disabled badge holder. Does the disabled badge not allow one to park in any other parking bay? Pity she didn't end up parking on the double yellow lines instead.

Sunflower49 18-10-2012 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1023169)
Did the person who issued the ticket speak to the lady in the car? If she were in the passenger seat would the ticket issuer not have assumed that the absent driver was the disabled badge holder. Does the disabled badge not allow one to park in any other parking bay? Pity she didn't end up parking on the double yellow lines instead.

That was kind of what I was getting at! And also, if somebody is in the car they don't usually issue a ticket without at least saying something.

I am assuming that your Mother's disability is something that doesn't mean she couldn't have spoken to defend herself to the ticket issuer?If it does then that's a new matter altogether I think.

katex 18-10-2012 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1023169)

Again,not the issue here ... abuse of a Blue Card is another matter and would rarely get a fine.

The issue is that the driver did not obtain a permit from the market to park there ... reckon this is a very shaky area though.

Bet they are making a fortune on those particular parking bays !

Hey, did you know that the term 'disabled' is not politically correct ... suggests someone is completely comatosed. Should be 'a person with disabilities'. Bit difficult though to say 'A person with disabilities parking area'.

susie123 18-10-2012 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1023175)
Again,not the issue here ... abuse of a Blue Card is another matter and would rarely get a fine.

The issue is that the driver did not obtain a permit from the market to park there ... reckon this is a very shaky area though.

Bet they are making a fortune on those particular parking bays !

Hey, did you know that the term 'disabled' is not politically correct ... suggests someone is completely comatosed. Should be 'a person with disabilities'. Bit difficult though to say 'A person with disabilities parking area'.

OK Kate, point made and taken.

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairylee (Post 1023114)

Can the council claim to own land? i don't think so i think it's held in trust(it's actually your/public property)

End of the day it's the council were talking about(there going to try every trick in the book to get their/your money)
if your not ruthless and thick skinned i'd say pay the 50notes or speak to a solicitor Even tho they'll prob say anything long as there making money out of you,,,if you are ruthless let me know ;)

Neil 19-10-2012 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023153)

No, I have a receipt from the seller which proves it is my car.Yes I am the registered keeper with the DVLA but I own it.

Neil 19-10-2012 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023195)
:D looks like this threads about to change topic and get abit interesting (prob my fault...sorry) ;)

If you want to discuss another topic then please start another thread.

I have removed the off topic posts, please stick to the parking issue.

Gremlin 19-10-2012 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1023144)
It wasn't a disabled bay, it was a permit holders bay, you aren't disabled, unlawful use of badges too so therefore you are in the wrong, you could have parked a hundred yards up the road at the side of what was Mcdonalds with your badges IF your mother had got out the car, it pi$$es me off when people come on here moaning about something that is their own fault

Apart from the last 17 words after the comma I am in agreement.

There are some decent traffic wardens about though.
I parked in the side street just opposite Oswaldtwistle library to go to get a pie from Manning bakery, there were cars right up to the yellow lines so I thought as I would only be a few seconds I would park on there anyway.
My wife was sat in the car and when I returned two minutes later there was a traffic warden stood by the car talking to my wife.
He had noticed her blue badge card in the door pocket and with her permission had put it in the windscreen. He advised me to be more careful in future, I accepted I was parked illegally because my wife was sat in the car, anyway he wished me a good day and went on his merry way.

I didn't have the heart to ask him why he was patrolling an area where traffic was running freely when he could make a fortune for his company if he hung around Blackburn road near Willows lane.

cashman 19-10-2012 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1023278)
Apart from the last 17 words after the comma I am in agreement.

There are some decent traffic wardens about though.
I parked in the side street just opposite Oswaldtwistle library to go to get a pie from Manning bakery, there were cars right up to the yellow lines so I thought as I would only be a few seconds I would park on there anyway.
My wife was sat in the car and when I returned two minutes later there was a traffic warden stood by the car talking to my wife.
He had noticed her blue badge card in the door pocket and with her permission had put it in the windscreen. He advised me to be more careful in future, I accepted I was parked illegally because my wife was sat in the car, anyway he wished me a good day and went on his merry way.

I didn't have the heart to ask him why he was patrolling an area where traffic was running freely when he could make a fortune for his company if he hung around Blackburn road near Willows lane.

I suspect they are instructed to avoid that area at all costs.:rolleyes:

Gremlin 19-10-2012 09:25

I suspect what you suspect is right cashy.

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 10:01

Dom talks law with the police. - YouTube

Worth a little look

Private corporations cannot demand a penalty fare as penalty fares are irrecoverable at common law. They can only claim for actual losses. So if you are staying in a car park that is free, they haven't incurred a loss or if you pay say £2 for 4hrs, they can only claim for £2.

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1023263)
No, I have a receipt from the seller which proves it is my car.Yes I am the registered keeper with the DVLA but I own it.

If you own something you don't have to tell anyone when you sell it :rolleyes:

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1023140)
I hope hairylee is careful with the information you posted because if its where I think it wont be a private firm it will be the Council wardens which are enforceable by law and ignoring them will likely end you up in court.

O no not the dreaded court...what LAW are they enforcing?

cashman 19-10-2012 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023295)
O no not the dreaded court...what LAW are they enforcing?

Right or wrong they enforce the law of the land, yeh really got a problem in the I.Q. department.:rolleyes: I sincerely hope yeh get bored soon.

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1023307)
Right or wrong they enforce the law of the land, yeh really got a problem in the I.Q. department.:rolleyes: I sincerely hope yeh get bored soon.

i think if you looked into the law cash, you'd see they Actually enforce statutes/Acts which are not the law of the land(the uk is under common law juridiction)..take it you did'nt you watch/comprehend the clip? :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 19-10-2012 14:27

Statutes are laws passed by acts of parliament......English courts recognise the primacy of statute law over common law where the two overlap.
Now if I remember rightly, your previous ego didn't recognise statute law.....prefering to cite common law.
As for your comment on the DVLA.....they do not own your car...you only notify them of the sale of the vehicle so that they may levy the duty to the new owner rather that you....and if you do not notify them of this change of ownership, then you might just find that you get all kinds of traffic tickets sent to you when you no longer own that vehicle....and I think you can be fined for not notifying a change of owner.

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1023324)
Statutes are laws passed by acts of parliament......English courts recognise the primacy of statute law over common law where the two overlap.
Now if I remember rightly, your previous ego didn't recognise statute law.....prefering to cite common law.
As for your comment on the DVLA.....they do not own your car...you only notify them of the sale of the vehicle so that they may levy the duty to the new owner rather that you....and if you do not notify them of this change of ownership, then you might just find that you get all kinds of traffic tickets sent to you when you no longer own that vehicle....and I think you can be fined for not notifying a change of owner.

Statutes/Acts by their own definition are not laws...why not call them laws instead of rules?...i might have to open a new thread on this1 as there seems to be abit of controversy( but i think i'll wait for detective supersue to get back from her hols) ;)

Margaret Pilkington 19-10-2012 14:48

I wouldn't bother.
I think we have already had your take on how you view the law of the land.

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1023330)
I wouldn't bother.
I think we have already had your take on how you view the law of the land.

i don't rely Wikipedia if thats what you mean Marg ;)

Margaret Pilkington 19-10-2012 14:53

neither do I.

katex 19-10-2012 17:35

1 Attachment(s)
These are the signs displayed in the Service Bay (not quite where I think Hairylee parked). They are not the official Parking monitors of LCC, and therefore will not have any authority to charge you a penalty or take you to court .... unless to recover their losses, which they don't have due to no charge for parking in this particular area.

I would completely ignore it, however, I am not Hairylee and she may feel threatened and pay up which is understandable.

Attachment 26264

This is the company :

ANPR Ltd - Parking tickets enforcement

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 22:35

i'd send them a picture of my middle finger with no contract,no obligation wrote on it :)

Private land??? ok if you say so

cashman 19-10-2012 22:46

No everything is as you say, you are the master being.:rolleyes:

Chris SUI JURIS 19-10-2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1023420)

i may seem like i have a better view from my high horse but thats not my intentions cash ;)

cashman 19-10-2012 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023422)
i may seem like i have a better view from my high horse but thats not my intentions cash ;)

Perhaps not, maybe its just to irritate folk.

keith higson 19-10-2012 23:34

I agree that a disabled pass is for a disabled person, however I would have thought that such a pass can be used by an abled bodied person provided that they are only using it to transport the holder of the pass, after all there are , unfortunately, persons who cannot walk etc , how are they supposed to get around?.

Neil 20-10-2012 00:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1023278)
......I accepted I was parked illegally because my wife was sat in the car, anyway he wished me a good day and went on his merry way......

Why were you parked illegally, was it because your wife was still in the car?

Barrie Yates 20-10-2012 11:18

Perhaps all Blue Badge owners should read the handbook that comes wtih the Blue Badge. Page 21 seems to apply in the case of the original post

Chris SUI JURIS 20-10-2012 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1023420)

Funny you should say that cash,i am actually the master,but only if i'm dealing with the courts or police ;) i don't use my Mr title

Chris SUI JURIS 20-10-2012 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1023427)

lol i assume he means he didnt want to kick up a fuss infront of the wife :D

katex 20-10-2012 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1023427)

Figured he meant on double yellows, Neil.

I find this statement from the Government guidelines a little confusing.
Appears not illegal for a non-disabled person to pop into the shop as long as the holder is sat in the car. What do you think ?

'You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car. Although it is not illegal for a badge holder, or a non-disabled person waiting for the badge holder to return, to remain in the vehicle while the Blue Badge is displayed, consideration should be given to using a car park whenever possible'

cashman 20-10-2012 13:22

Seem to recall shades of "Jambutty" wi this thread.:hehetable

Less 20-10-2012 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1023486)
Figured he meant on double yellows, Neil.

I find this statement from the Government guidelines a little confusing.
Appears not illegal for a non-disabled person to pop into the shop as long as the holder is sat in the car. What do you think ?

'You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car. Although it is not illegal for a badge holder, or a non-disabled person waiting for the badge holder to return, to remain in the vehicle while the Blue Badge is displayed, consideration should be given to using a car park whenever possible'

Not sure, but reading that, if I'm driving someone issued with a blue badge, I can remain in the car wherever I park, with the badge on display, however the disabled person has to struggle to the shop not send me, to keep it legal?
:confused:

Chris SUI JURIS 20-10-2012 15:11

Legal definitin of traffic is a commercial term. if someone is parked and our not interrupting the flow of commerce or other peoples right to travel, then to my knowledge no offence has occurred

Gordon Booth 20-10-2012 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023541)
Legal definitin of traffic is a commercial term. if someone is parked and our not interrupting the flow of commerce or other peoples right to travel, then to my knowledge no offence has occurred

Have you noticed that when you see someone yawn you do it yourself?
Your posts seem to have the same effect on me.
Strange, that.

Less 20-10-2012 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023541)

By gum, do they issue diplomas in bull or have you thought up all that you say without any help?

Chris SUI JURIS 20-10-2012 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1023545)
Have you noticed that when you see someone yawn you do it yourself?
Your posts seem to have the same effect on me.
Strange, that.

same with yours G must be contagious ;)

Chris SUI JURIS 20-10-2012 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1023546)
By gum, do they issue diplomas in bull or have you thought up all that you say without any help?

you can't see the forest for the trees less ;)

Gordon Booth 20-10-2012 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023547)
same with yours G must be contagious ;)

Come on, ChrisSJ, surely you can do better than that!

Less 20-10-2012 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023549)
you can't see the forest for the trees less ;)

Is that right?

Would you care to point out to me which particular trees are blocking your fantastic wisdom?

Ace Hole.

Chris SUI JURIS 20-10-2012 15:43

i hear these parking firms pay the DVLA about £2.50 to get your address, and then sends lots of threatening letters it might be worth writting to DVLA telling them if they share your details with any third party,you'll bill them £100 (terms and conditions accepted soon as they do)

Many of these charges are so extortionately high that they constitute a penalty, which is unenforceable in a consumer contract

Gordon Booth 20-10-2012 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023561)
i hear these parking firms pay the DVLA about £2.50 to get your address, and then sends lots of threatening letters it might be worth writting to DVLA telling them if they share your details with any third party,you'll bill them £100 (terms and conditions accepted soon as they do)

Yawn.

Lucysgirl 21-10-2012 15:52

Here's another website which gives advice which I suggest you read when you're not so upset. I can't give an answer because I can't be certain of where you parked - you state you were "outside the market" then later you wrote "inside I decided to park in a designated space". "outside" could mean a public road and the Council's enforcing officers pulled one of their famous tricks, which means you write to the Council to appeal, or you drove onto the market shops private parking spaces (see the website). As for your disabled mother; it's not a crime for her to decide she's not got the energy to walk to the shop.

Search

Chris SUI JURIS 21-10-2012 17:49

I believe a Notice of conditional acceptance is the way forward ;) You can discharge PCN with a notice of your own sent by recorded delivery

conditional acceptance is a notice accepting their claim against you provided they can prove...a.b.c etc Give them fourteen days, If they don't answer your notice IN FULL send them a default notice.don't ignore PCN's To do so is accepting the views the notice expresses.why not write your own notice and see how they respond? Your intentions are honest - you simply want to understand what it is they are saying in their notice.

Your notice could be:

Address
Parking Theifs Limited
Head of crook Collections
Robbery House
Lancashire

Your REF No ABC12345678 - Issued [date]
(My REF YOUR GETTING nothing 123)

Notice of Discharge of Outstanding Penalty Notice and Request for Clarification.

Dear Head of crook Collections

You have apparently made allegations of criminal conduct against me.

You have apparently made demands upon me.

I do not understand those apparent demands and therefore cannot lawfully fulfil them.

I seek clarification of your document so that I may act according to the law and maintain my entire body of God given Natural Rights.

Failure to accept this offer to clarify and to do so completely and in good faith within 14 days will be deemed by all parties to mean you and your principal or other parties abandon all demands upon me.

I conditionally accept your offer to agree that I am [MR ALL CAPS 'NAME'] and that I owe £80.00 upon proof of claim of all of the following:

1. Upon proof of claim that I am a person and not a human being.

2. Upon proof of claim that you know what a ‘person’ actually is, legally speaking.

3. Upon proof of claim that you know what the difference between a ‘human being’ and a ‘person’ actually is, legally speaking.

4. Upon proof of claim that I am MR ALL CAPS 'NAME' and not lower case shortened name

5. Upon proof of claim that the charge was the result of a lawful investigation unmarred by prejudice.

6) Upon proof of claim that you know what a 'vehicle' actually is, legally speaking.

7) Upon proof of claim that you know what a 'driver' actually is, legally speaking.

8) Upon proof of claim that you know what 'driving' actually is, legally speaking.

9) Upon proof of claim that section 2; clause 12 of the Bill of Rights 1689 does not state 'That all grants and promises of fines and forfeitures of particular persons before conviction are illegal and void'.

10) Upon proof of claim that all Acts are not statutes restricted in scope and applicability by the Constitution and/or Bill of Rights

11) Upon proof of claim that Lancashire Council is not a corporation and legal fiction and does not require contracts in order to claim authority or control over other parties

12) ) Upon proof of claim that contracts do not require mutual consent.

As I have conditionally accepted your offer of contract we are not in dispute.

I hereby grant you a further 14 days in order for you to prove your claim against me by rebutting my notice. Also, let me take this opportunity to remind you the offence of Misconduct In Public Office is a Common Law Offence which carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.

Sincerely and without ill will, vexation or frivolity

[Signature] just shortened lowercase name

you can have some real fun with these notices :D

entwisi 22-10-2012 00:50

I bet you are real fun at parties......

Chris SUI JURIS 22-10-2012 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 1023819)

you bet right:rofl38:

Less 22-10-2012 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 1023819)

Don't encourage him, he might think he's invited to the Christmas meet if you do.
:D

Chris SUI JURIS 23-10-2012 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1023831)
Don't encourage him, he might think he's invited to the Christmas meet if you do.
:D

Am I not invited? discrimination on Accyweb? ;)

Chris SUI JURIS 23-10-2012 15:42

Tuesday, 23 October 2012Eastgate Retail Park - parking update
After a very long a protracted dispute between the owners of Eastgate retail park and the parking company they employed, the contract between them has now been terminated.
The Deputy leader of the Hyndburn Council, Cllr Clare Pritchard said;
“The Council has had many complaints about the way the parking restrictions were imposed on Eastgate.

I must stress that this car park is not owned by the Council, however we’ve worked hard along with local MP Graham Jones, on behalf of the people affected to try and get a satisfactory resolution to the problem. It is very disappointing that to date no clear instruction has been given regarding tickets issued between 2/6/12-8/7/12 in regard to outstanding fines and refund to those who have paid.

A promise was made months ago to waive outstanding fines. I have written to letting agents to express my concern that the most honest were being treated most unfairly; that those who had already and unfortunately paid won't be receiving a refund. What message does this send out about the companies involved and about society in general?

Both Excel car parking and the owners (via their letting agents) have created and overseen chaos where money, profit and greed and have come first, ripped off customers come last. This issue that has dragged on for months with no responsible outcome from either company. After a very long a protracted dispute between the owners of Eastgate retail park and the parking company they employed Excel, the contract between them has now been terminated.

There seems to be a case where the civil fines were wholly disproportionate and may not be supported in a court of law.
Cllr Pritchard continued; “This is a highly regrettable situation where the letting agent and the car parking company seem to have kicked this issue into the long grass. The good news is that parking on Eastgate is now back to 3 hours, in line with the free parking policy throughout the rest of the town and we will continue to pursue this issue on behalf of residents.”
In short I would encourage people not to use this car park as the owners are clearly unreliable; they have shown they will randomly and unfairly change free car parking times and terms with minimum notice and hand out costly fines like confetti.

It's a shame that major companies like Morrisons have remained silent on this issue and shows that interests do not lie with their customers.

Chris SUI JURIS 27-10-2012 23:11

It seems the council turned to a private company to do their dirty work, not realizing that by doing that they were attempting to get us to comply with that company (that we dont have a contract with)....... Maybe if they'd kept the old parkies they would have had more luck :D...........MAYBE they drank the fluorided water and got flu shots :eek: ;)

Neil 28-10-2012 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1025182)
It seems the council turned to a private company to do their dirty work....

What dirty work and which Council?

Chris SUI JURIS 28-10-2012 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1025186)
What dirty work and which Council?

This Council Lancashire County Council - Homepage
Issuing folk with unlawful parking notices/fines via ANPR Ltd - Parking tickets enforcement

I assume it's the same for the owners of the retail park issuing unlawful notices/fines via excel or any other company

Glad i'm not a cash cow ;)

martini01uk 21-06-2017 13:54

was it a private parking firm? don't pay your fine because you have caused no loss or harm and they can't charge or fine you.the land around the town hall and market hall is not private land it is public land ergo belongs to you and me and everyone and they are acting unlawfully

Neil 21-06-2017 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by martini01uk (Post 1196260)
was it a private parking firm? don't pay your fine because you have caused no loss or harm and they can't charge or fine you.the land around the town hall and market hall is not private land it is public land ergo belongs to you and me and everyone and they are acting unlawfully

You have replied to a 5 year old post and what you've said is wrong. Around the market hall is part of the highway so the council can issue tickets and you do have to pay or they can take you to court. Even if the council contract out the issuing of parking fines you still have to pay

Big Joe 09-02-2018 21:51

Parking with a disabled badge is always an issue.
Firstly in order for the badge to be valid the vehicle has to be parked and being used for the benefit of the disabled badge holder. Them being in the car at the time of parking doesn't qualify if you were popping to the shops for your own benefit. If the goods you bought were for your mum then as the trip and necessary parking were for the benefit of your mum then on the face of it no problem. HOWEVER you have parked in bays which are clearly for permit holders only. This does not include disabled badge holders so I agree with Flashy. You would have been better and legal parking on the yellows.