Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Winter Bug (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/winter-bug-63085.html)

heth 17-12-2012 09:46

Winter Bug

I have just managed to drag myself out of my pit as I feel kinda human today.

Anyone else had this bug? Its been horrible, I have been in bed most of weekend and throwing up with blood in it.

Not good but at least I have had it now and not going to get ill over Christmas.

davemac 17-12-2012 11:42

Re: Winter Bug

I think the blood in the vomit should be checked out by a doctor, if you haven't already.

cashman 17-12-2012 11:56

Agree wi dave heth, get it checked out.;)

Margaret Pilkington 17-12-2012 12:25

Yes, Heth...there may be a very simple reason, but you should still get yourself off to see the Doc...pronto.

heth 17-12-2012 15:28

Someone else at work had it and went to the docs, they just gave him a juice to line his stomach apparently it is part of the bug. I dont have any stomach pain and I am still eating bits.

I will go doc's if I am the same again tomorrow but I hate going to that place its full of germs! ;)

Margaret Pilkington 17-12-2012 15:39

I understand your qualms...fully. I am the worlds worst at seeing the quack, but if you have blood in anything that comes from you...vomit, wee, poo...or from any other place, then it is important to get it checked out......you are you.......not whoever it was who saw the Doc...your circumstances/symptoms may sound the same, but you need someone with a medical degree to look at you...........NOW, do as you are told and get gone!

jaysay 17-12-2012 18:35

I look after myself quite well really but the first time I see blood in anything I send for the cavalry, blood showing up anywhere ain't natural

Gordon Booth 17-12-2012 18:42

I've had it before but never had or heard of blood! Get it checked, heth, especially if you're still not feeling well.
I'ts decimating some of the cruise ships at the moment and they are quite strict on hand hygene with antiseptic washes for all the guests all the time. So if they can't stop it spreading- watch out for your family!

Tealeaf 17-12-2012 20:32

Over the last few weeks a picture of a blond geriatric dog with painted eyes has greeted me each time I sign on to Accy Web. it goes under the caption of 'Mature Dating UK'. It is as ugly as sin. Now, I know I'm not old enough for this sort of nonsense and that is why each time I see it I vomit. I assume therefore this is the winter bug that everyone is talking about. So then moderators - I know you like to erase my posts - but can't you just get rid of these old slappers instead so that I can sit here and have a nice pint without chundering all over the place?

Gordon Booth 17-12-2012 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 1032695)
Over the last few weeks a picture of a blond geriatric dog with painted eyes has greeted me each time I sign on to Accy Web. it goes under the caption of 'Mature Dating UK'. It is as ugly as sin. Now, I know I'm not old enough for this sort of nonsense and that is why each time I see it I vomit. I assume therefore this is the winter bug that everyone is talking about. So then moderators - I know you like to erase my posts - but can't you just get rid of these old slappers instead so that I can sit here and have a nice pint without chundering all over the place?

Top of my page says 'Do you need a defibrillator?' Do they know something I don't?

Tealeaf 17-12-2012 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1032696)
Top of my page says 'Do you need a defibrillator?' Do they know something I don't?

You'd need one if you were to have twenty minutes with that horror who pops up on my page.

Sunflower49 17-12-2012 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1032666)
I look after myself quite well really but the first time I see blood in anything I send for the cavalry, blood showing up anywhere ain't natural

I can think of one exception :D

(I've missed you, JaySay)!

No, I agree and hope you make a good recovery. I haven't had the bug, have escaped any illness this year (touches wood!) but my Mother has been pretty ill with some sort of stomach infection. Sounds similar but she didn't have the blood. It does sound pretty worrying! :confused:

DaveinGermany 17-12-2012 20:57

'Ere you, get yerself off to the vets & don't be coming on here spreading your lurgy ! :)

Margaret Pilkington 18-12-2012 06:43

Quote:

Who let you into my brain to read my mind? :D
She doesn't make me vomit, but then women just aren't my 'thing'.
She was well down the line when they were giving out the looks....and should she have so much bare flesh on show?

cashman 18-12-2012 08:28

Quote:

I aint ever noticed this Swamp Donkey T?:confused: Perhaps its me built in radar fer ignoring adverts?

heth 18-12-2012 09:54

Well cant get in at the doc's seems that they are very busy....................wonder why.
I had a little blood last night but I think that was just because I were coughing that much it iritated something.

I have had no blood today so thats good, didnt sleep very well so just taking it easy today.

Looks like my t'other half has started with it this morning, not good.
Apparently he can "get over it" though because he is a bloke and not a big girl....................we will see! :D

jaysay 18-12-2012 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 (Post 1032701)
I can think of one exception :D

(I've missed you, JaySay)!

No, I agree and hope you make a good recovery. I haven't had the bug, have escaped any illness this year (touches wood!) but my Mother has been pretty ill with some sort of stomach infection. Sounds similar but she didn't have the blood. It does sound pretty worrying! :confused:

I was talking from a male perspective sugarmouse:rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 20-12-2012 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 1032763)
Apparently he can "get over it" though because he is a bloke and not a big girl....................we will see! :D

He shouldn't need to, cos when we get a bug, we get a bug ! It's probably the beginning of BirdDogCatMan Flu .......... and that's far more seriouser than any thing else ........... In the World !!! :D

susie123 20-12-2012 17:44

Back on topic, sorry.

All you ever wanted to know abut norovirus (or perhaps too much!).

BBC News - Norovirus: The winter vomiting bug that is hard to conquer

Pedant alert: it's norovirus not novovirus as often spelt - named after Norwalk School in Ohio where it was first noticed (see article).

mez 20-12-2012 17:52

i seem to have missed this bug so far but got lips full of cold sores. must have been the polish vodka i had in kracow at the weekend.

cashman 20-12-2012 17:56

Nowt will come near Polish Vodka Mez.:D

westendlass 20-12-2012 19:38

My son had this a few weeks ago, he passed out twice so I dialled an ambulance and was told he didn't warrant one. We managed to get a lift and rushed him to RBH where he was put on a drip. Seems like you have to rely on yourself these days. Thankfully he is okay.

Sunflower49 23-12-2012 23:02

I think I spoke too soon-I've got a sore throat and my mouth hurts-kind of as if I've burnt it, or got ulcers but I haven't, and generally feel exhausted. I've had a really hectic weekend at work and have been on my feet a lot so it would be normal to be tired but I can't help thinking It's more than that. ... Hope I'm not going to be ill all week for xmas !:ptongue: