Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Help!!! Where in the Accrington area can one get a meal with fresh vegetables? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/help-where-in-the-accrington-area-can-one-get-a-meal-with-fresh-vegetables-64443.html)

accybeme 27-06-2013 08:03

Help!!! Where in the Accrington area can one get a meal with fresh vegetables?

Can you name any Restaurants, pubs or cafes that frozen veg are not used?

Less 27-06-2013 08:15

Re: Help!!! Where in the Accrington area can one get a meal with fresh vegetables?

The kebab shop on B'burn Rd, their veg is never frozen, wilting from the heat perhaps, but never frozen.

jaysay 27-06-2013 17:21

Re: Help!!! Where in the Accrington area can one get a meal with fresh vegetables?

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1064244)

Think the only place you'll get that AB is home sweet home matey:D

Restless 27-06-2013 18:14

Hmm. How do you know they were frozen? was your meals served cold?

DaveinGermany 27-06-2013 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1064329)
Hmm. How do you know they were frozen? was your meals served cold?

They still had their thermals on. :D

MargaretR 27-06-2013 19:05

You will have a better chance if you go to a vegetarian restaurant which advertises 'vegetables in season'.

I don't know why you are averse to frozen veg - frozen soon after picking retains more nutrients than veg that has just been 'chilled'.

The restaurants to avoid are the ones who use microwaves - food loses a lot after 'nuking'.

esteemedjuju 28-06-2013 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1064244)

Devine on Warner street excellent food

annesingleton 29-06-2013 17:15

Griffin at the top of burnley road, beautiful fresh locally produced food, restaurant standard at pub prices, friendly welcome and food delicious!

annesingleton 29-06-2013 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1064619)
Griffin at the top of burnley road, beautiful fresh locally produced food, restaurant standard at pub prices, friendly welcome and food delicious!

And I promise I'm not on commission!

Eric 29-06-2013 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1064622)

Well, maybe you should be, eh;)

susie123 29-06-2013 18:40

Some of these seem pretty fresh... but they're not in Accy!

margaret thatcher vs john major - YouTube

BTW is there a reason for your request??

jaysay 30-06-2013 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1064622)

My Daughter goes there, she likes it too;)

Margaret Pilkington 30-06-2013 08:49

My House! I only use fresh veggies...and I cook everything from scratch...but sorry I'm not a restaurant...it only feels like it - sometimes!

Rowlf 30-06-2013 18:54

Don't know about Accrington but the Sparrowhawk in Fence only use fresh veg and everything else is made fresh no microwaves. Certainly worth travelling a bit further for.

gpick24 30-06-2013 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowlf (Post 1064790)
Don't know about Accrington but the Sparrowhawk in Fence only use fresh veg and everything else is made fresh no microwaves. Certainly worth travelling a bit further for.

Long time since I`ve been there, but it was good grub, just not enough of it.