Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Help in need of urgent prom transport (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/help-in-need-of-urgent-prom-transport-64448.html)

olivia123 27-06-2013 20:56

Help in need of urgent prom transport

Me & my 2 friends are looking for some prom transport due to the fact that the arranged transport was not suitable for Monday 1st July & the prom starts at 7.Does anybody know of anyone with a posh car that would be willing to let us hire it or any close by companies that hire prom cars that doesn't cost extortionate amounts.
We are just looking for a posh car or something different to take us to prom but don't want a limo.
It would be very helpful if you could post a suggestion!

olivia123 27-06-2013 21:04

Re: Help in need of urgent prom transport

Also it would be from near Oswaldtwistle Mills to Mitton Fold in blackburn

cashman 27-06-2013 21:30

Have sent yeh a P.M.;)

flashy 28-06-2013 09:11

Use a bus, that would be different

MargaretR 28-06-2013 09:14

.....why bother going at all.

flashy 28-06-2013 10:12

My lad for some unknown reason has decided not to go to his prom, its yet another 'Americanism' this country can do without

Margaret Pilkington 28-06-2013 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1064410)
My lad for some unknown reason has decided not to go to his prom, its yet another 'Americanism' this country can do without

He isn't going because you raised a sensible lad Shaz. Give yourself a pat on the back.

It means nothing in the great scheme of things...it is just an excuse for a bit of a blow out(and an expensive 'do') that many parents cannot afford.

flashy 28-06-2013 11:03

Its also a case of showing off Marg, 'my dress is better than yours' and 'we have more money than you' 'our ride is posher than yours', its all a load of bull if you ask me

Olivia, no one is getting at you love, its just the whole idea of The Prom in general

Margaret Pilkington 28-06-2013 11:06

Yes, of course it is Shaz....And like you I am not getting at Olivia, but if I were of an age to go to a Prom....I wouldn't do it......it is shallow and totally unnecessary.(just my opinion)
I would rather have some other kind of unique(to me) experience...and probably one which didn't cost so much money

flashy 28-06-2013 11:29

Parents who send their children to the prom are encouraging them in my opinion to advertise the fact that they are better than others, showing off is a disgusting trate

lindsay ormerod 28-06-2013 11:44

Hope you find something suitable and have a great prom Olivia! :)

gpick24 28-06-2013 11:56

Don`t be put off Olivia, I have two daughters, one went one didn`t, the one that went had a great time, wasn`t a case of showing off, just an excuse to get dolled up and have a good time with her friends. And out off the two of them, the one with the regrets, is the one that didn`t go.

Margaret Pilkington 28-06-2013 12:49

You can get 'dolled up' as you put it, and go out with a group of friends without it costing the earth.
Proms are an American invention brought over here to make money for commercial organisations......they are not necessary and put unwarranted expectations onto parents who often could spend the money on something of better value.

gpick24 28-06-2013 13:02

It doesn`t have to cost the earth, plenty of places sell dresses second hand, and you get most of your money back when you sell it on again. You don`t have to pay for an expensive car, although in her case, there were 16 ( I think ) sharing a car, so while the car was expensive, shared between 16 it wasn`t too bad, and there were lots who turned up getting lifts from parents.
I agree about it coming from America, but it`s only taking place of the school disco`s that were around when I was at school, but on a bigger scale.
Let them have their Prom, it`s a once in a lifetime thing for them, to say goodbye to a lot of their school friends.

Margaret Pilkington 28-06-2013 14:23

It must be an age thing for me then....I left school before schools had disco's...they were just Dances...and I couldn't dance so I didn't go to those either.