Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Are you feeling lucky? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/are-you-feeling-lucky-66081.html)

kestrelx 29-04-2014 16:41

Are you feeling lucky?

Recently I was watching an episode of Columbo, on a Saturday afternoon and it was about this murder of someone who won the lottery. Well I got the idea to use the exact numbers from the program and low and behold they came up! :eek:

Well actually only fricking 3 of the numbers came up so I only won £25 - but it was lucky that any of them came up at all! ;)

Anyone else had similar? or believe in luck is some thing tangible or just random accident?

maxthecollie 29-04-2014 17:12

Re: Are you feeling lucky?

What were the numbers? It's a rollover tonight on Euromillions.

kestrelx 29-04-2014 17:17

I can't remember them now, but they won't work again - also that is 5 numbers and 2 lucky stars.

Accyexplorer 29-04-2014 17:31

I use to believe in luck (before I met our peg) ,because (I believe) everything happens for a reason.
Like meeting that girl (or lad) when you were supposed to be somewhere else then later you get married and find out that she's your soul mate.
Sadly nowadays it seems the tides have turned and, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck (I'd probably win the lotto and lose the ruddy ticket) :D

westendlass 29-04-2014 18:07

I had a choice of two dates the night I met my future husband and I chose him. He wasn't my soul mate as it turned out (with hindsight and the wisdom of age I should have crawled out of the Ladies toilet window and never looked back) but I had three fantastic, intelligent kids. I definitely think some things happen for a reason.

WillowTheWhisp 29-04-2014 19:30

It's called synchronicity that Kestrel - David Icke is a great believer in it.

Stevie R 29-04-2014 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1104457)
Recently I was watching an episode of Columbo, on a Saturday afternoon and it was about this murder of someone who won the lottery. Well I got the idea to use the exact numbers from the program and low and behold they came up! :eek:

Are you feeling lucky because you won or you didn`t get murdered Kes?:D

kestrelx 01-05-2014 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 1104478)
It's called synchronicity that Kestrel - David Icke is a great believer in it.

Mmm that said there was a new series of Jonathan Creek a few months back in which featured a story around a Lottery winner - again someone was conned out of a winning ticket! I tried those 6 numbers and not one came up!

Last year one of the 7 number Euro Millions number sequences were all in my mobile telephone number - with one number reversed. However I didn't use those numbers on that day. You can only be aware of this to some degree if you keep records of all the winning draws on a weekly basis even if you don't take part. You will also see sometimes 1 or 2 numbers come up two draws on the trot.

Accyexplorer 01-05-2014 16:50

What about those who win jackpots more than once? That's got to be lucky.

Five trillion to one! Punter scoops second lottery win with the same numbers By David Wilkes | Mail Online

kestrelx 01-05-2014 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1104681)
What about those who win jackpots more than once? That's got to be lucky.

Five trillion to one! Punter scoops second lottery win with the same numbers By David Wilkes | Mail Online

Now that is lucky - If you keep checking what comes up even if you don't play you find single numbers and 2 or more numbers do often repeat.