Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Beards & Barbers? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/beards-and-barbers-66116.html)

Restless 05-05-2014 11:44

Beards & Barbers?

Two questions in one question thread :)

Anyone know of a good traditional barber? And Is there anyone that has their beard trimmed etc at the barbers? Cause my veil attempts at vanity end in disaster when I try to do it myself :D

maxthecollie 05-05-2014 11:55

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Have you tried Clive's on Abbey Street?

Eric 05-05-2014 12:49

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1105213)
Two questions in one question thread :)

Anyone know of a good traditional barber? And Is there anyone that has their beard trimmed etc at the barbers? Cause my veil attempts at vanity end in disaster when I try to do it myself :D

Forget about vanity ... get yourself a mad trapper hat, and let the beard grow as it wishes ... and the eyebrows too.:D

Restless 05-05-2014 12:52

Eric I have one of those already!!

Restless 05-05-2014 12:54

Re: Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1105215)
Have you tried Clive's on Abbey Street?

Yeah I often go there for haircut but its always packed...

Eric 05-05-2014 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1105219)
Eric I have one of those already!!

That's great:theband: Keep it; what grows wild and free is much better than the manicured, tailored things. And it's a great place to store leftover food scraps.;)

And if you have trouble finding a hat; I'll send you one.

westendlass 05-05-2014 13:36

Jims on Union rd in Ossy is very popular. He's been going for years, my son's and brothers have all had their hair cut there. I dare say you'll get a shave and tidy up too as he's from the 'old school' of barbery. (is that even a word).:o

Accyexplorer 05-05-2014 13:55

1 Attachment(s)
I hear there's a barbers down Blackburn road, depending on how traditional you want to go :D

Attachment 40182

westendlass 05-05-2014 14:02

Is that the one across from the halaal butchers that proudly states 'Certified Barber'?:D

Accyexplorer 05-05-2014 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1105235)
Is that the one across from the halaal butchers that proudly states 'Certified Barber'?:D

Yeah, That's the one.
It seems pretty popular with our Asian cousins.....

.....Would I use it? Like .... I would ;)

taddy 05-05-2014 18:52

Try Mick Dalby next door to the cycle shop in Padiham, if you want an original mens barbers shop, (would you like anything for the weekend sir ?). only jesting, the guy and his son are top notch, £5-50 for a haircut plus he will do a full shave, beard trim or whatever is your desire.(hair dressing wise of course).
I have used the guy for years and have never had a cause to complain.

DaveinGermany 05-05-2014 19:02

Get yourself a set of clippers with various heads & just crack on, I do. Having said that, as an eggshell blonde there's not a lot to clip & as to the face fungus, well, a good scrape with a wet razor every couple of days suffices.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/images/...ul/shaving.gif

westendlass 05-05-2014 19:21

I've always found you can't beat a good cut throat razor to get under the nose and around the jaw line. Lol.:p:o

Retlaw 05-05-2014 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1105218)
Forget about vanity ... get yourself a mad trapper hat, and let the beard grow as it wishes ... and the eyebrows too.:D

I thowt I were ugly but thas beat me agaun.

taddy 05-05-2014 19:44

I once had a male nurse, Waring, I think he was called, come up to my bed in Accy Victoria in 1968; on his trolley was a bowl of soapy water, a towel and a cutthroat razor.

"As you are due to have an operation today Mr -------- I have to shave you below the waist", he informed me.

With a cutthroat ? I almost screamed, please be careful, I've only been married a few months. forty six years and three children later, I'm glad to say that everything turned out alright, (Phew) but I was more than a little worried at the time.