Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   has anybody seen this van (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/has-anybody-seen-this-van-66162.html)

cmonstanley 14-05-2014 18:10

has anybody seen this van

has anybody seen this van? BBC News - Accrington OAP's £8,000 life savings stolen by conmen this is despicable .:mad:

maxthecollie 14-05-2014 19:02

Re: has anybody seen this van

Scrotes!

westendlass 14-05-2014 19:50

Disgusting parasites preying on the vulnerable yet again. Poor old fella, it's probably totally destroyed his confidence now. I really hope they catch the scum, this type of crime is happening more and more these days, it's about time the effects on the victim's are reflected in the sentences but I won't be holding my breath. I hope someone recognises that van soon.

US Angel 14-05-2014 21:03

So bloody sad hope they catch them

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2014 07:06

The man who has been robbed is my sisters father in law......and a nicer man you could not wish to meet. He worked at Calderstones as a Nurse for much of his working life.
I hope they catch these worthless men very soon.

westendlass 15-05-2014 07:37

The gentleman is the same age as my dad Margaret and it makes me cringe how cruel people can be. I really hope he's okay and, as the photo of the van is all over the social media, I think there will be a lot of people keeping an eye out for it. I hope they're caught soon.

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2014 09:22

I have phoned Ma and told her what has happened to Ivan and told her that she must not allow anyone she does not know, to come into her house. Ihat she must ask any visitor to provide ID(British Gas engineers have a password that they use to confirm that they are who they say they are - I know that ID's are easy to fake).
It just brings home to you how vulnerable our old folk are. It makes you take stock and it makes you very wary.

accyman 21-05-2014 13:41

did they ever catch these scumbags ?

surely that van cant be too hard to find

Margaret Pilkington 21-05-2014 14:08

I heard through the grapevine(and I know that isn't a reliable source) that the guy who perpetrated this act had only been out of clink for a short time...and that he had been caught.

cashman 21-05-2014 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1106735)
I heard through the grapevine(and I know that isn't a reliable source) that the guy who perpetrated this act had only been out of clink for a short time...and that he had been caught.

Ah well,no doubt he will get fed n sheltered again n the old fella will get sod all.:mad:

Margaret Pilkington 21-05-2014 14:59

Yes that's right Cashy. He is a lovely old gent......worked hard all his life and brought up a good family.

westendlass 21-05-2014 19:10

I hope Ivan gets some sort of peace, poor chap. The human garbage who stole from him probably won't get what he deserves but, if there is such a thing as karma, I hope he gets what's coming to him. And the others. Trashbags.