Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   It's not a problem or is it? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/its-not-a-problem-or-is-it-66631.html)

Margaret Pilkington 06-10-2014 20:09

Re: It's not a problem or is it?

With great respect, I don't think you do get it at all.
You just like to prod the snake with a sharp stick.

Accyexplorer 07-10-2014 04:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1119862)
With great respect, I don't think you do get it at all.
You just like to prod the snake with a sharp stick.

I do get it M, I thought I gave a very good example getting it in post # 5.

An employer can do without someone that uses illegal drugs in the working environment as this may cause said environment to become unsafe. If the employees are allowed to come into the work environment under the influence of drugs, there are endless possibilities for accidents, injuries to not just themselves but others plus there's the possibility that productivity may decrease.

It's very important that our work places stay in order and have the least room for error as possible and as such It is imperative that we drug test employees to ensure not just their safety but others around them ie consumers work colleagues.....

.....That being said, what kind of world are we living in where we encourage employers to police folks life's [prod prod] ;)

Margaret Pilkington 07-10-2014 07:14

You say you get it, and you provide a very valid argument as to why it is unsafe for people to be in a work environment under the influence, but then in the next breath you ask if it should be employers 'policing' their staff.

They are not policing their staff, they are just ensuring that the work environment is safe from preventable hazards......and they have a legal,responsibility to do this. They have to have public liability insurance, and this has to be displayed so that all and sundry can see that is current and up to date.
Employers have lots of legal responsibilities. By ensuring their staff come to work in a fit state they are ensuring they do not get stung for damages if something does go wrong.
To answer your last question.....what kind of world are we living in?
Well, you have eyes and ears.....you see the same things that I see.....we are living in an increasingly dangerous and litiginous world, where lawyers tell,people 'no win, no fee'.

Margaret Pilkington 07-10-2014 07:16

Here endeth my input to this thread.
I have said all that I can say and I am not into chewing my cabbage twice....or three times.
What I have said clearly states my own opinion on this issue.

Accyexplorer 07-10-2014 07:32

I may be wrong but,The hypocrisy with this testing is that it doesn't test for prescription drugs (painkillers etc).
It's certainly possible for someone to cause a serious accident because their mind gets a little fogged up due to strong say strong pain killers.
I guess drugs effect people in different ways. I know Mrs explorer gets mind fog on her painkillers.
I wonder if it would be possible to fail the alcohol tests by drinking certain cough medicines? Hmm

Accyexplorer 07-10-2014 09:11

Perhaps Margaret is right and "I just don't get it" :confused:

I wonder what the stats say about folk who have drugs (including alcohol) in their system in the work environment my guess is 1in50 give or take :confused:. That amounts to thousands of "irresponsible" workers across the country :eek:
Giving employers this kind of power is a little scary (imo) as it has a habit of migrating into other areas in the future (testing for other undesirables). Surely employers have sufficient powers at the moment for dealing with folk they suspect are on drugs or that may be under the influence of alcohol at work.Rather than random test why not just test those suspected of being intoxicated?.....

......And before the 'if you're not a drug user you have nothing to worry about' crowd start, can I just point out to them that this is a perfect example of 'guilty until you prove yourself innocent' :rolleyes:

cashman 07-10-2014 09:52

Disagree its stupid until yeh prove sensible.:rolleyes:

Accyexplorer 07-10-2014 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1119891)
Disagree its stupid until yeh prove sensible.:rolleyes:

More like stupid until yeh agree with the family :rolleyes: :D

cashman 07-10-2014 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1119907)
More like stupid until yeh agree with the family :rolleyes: :D

Now yeh have just proved what i said.:rolleyes:

Accyexplorer 07-10-2014 13:48

I know, I've got my stupid head on now its relaxing and herbal ciggie time for me...don't expect any sense till....well just don't expect any sense (proven again,I know) :D

Gordon Booth 07-10-2014 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1119911)
I know, I've got my stupid head on now its relaxing and herbal ciggie time for me...don't expect any sense till....well just don't expect any sense (proven again,I know) :D

That comment rather scuppers your whole argument, doesn't it?

Accyexplorer 07-10-2014 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1119922)
That comment rather scuppers your whole argument, doesn't it?

That was a cheap blow......

.....Accyexplorer watches the ears of the drug users as they twitch at the thought of cheap blow ;)

Less 07-10-2014 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1119926)
That was a cheap blow......

Nope it was an accurate observation, you do cheap blows, whenever you start these threads.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1119778)
but retail work?
Who cares if the fella on the till at Tesco/Asda had a couple joints over the weekend?.....I suppose they may over charge someone leaving the world in turmoil.

No doubt you will attempt another one because I dare to criticise you...

P.S. We all read/watch the news, we don't really need your updates on the Saville pervert threads unless they are of use.

Accyexplorer 07-10-2014 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1119928)
Nope it was an accurate observation, you do cheap blows, whenever you start these threads.:rolleyes:

No doubt you will attempt another one because I dare to criticise you...

P.S. We all read/watch the news, we don't really need your updates on the Saville pervert threads unless they are of use.

It was a observation, "accurate" hmmm.....maybe my next thread will be about toy trains and you can have a opinion worth replying too......

.....as for my updates,I've told you before, as much as you like to think you do, you don't speak for everyone....some folk may not read/watch the news or they may miss it and my updates help keep them informed :p

Less 07-10-2014 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1119930)
It was a observation, "accurate" hmmm...

Accurate to all but you.

Quote:

...maybe my next thread will be about toy trains and you can have a opinion worth replying too...

Oooh! look, another 'cheap blow', yes I have a model railway, it is in my profile as well as in threads on site, you may call it a toy train if you wish, however I and many, many more find it far more relaxing than wandering through derelict buildings whilst on a suicide mission.

Quote:

...as for my updates,I've told you before, as much as you like to think you do, you don't speak for everyone...

Yes, you have told me before and I have replied in a similar vain to this:-

If folk can make their way onto AccyWeb, I think they may just, be able to turn on a television or read a newspaper, they don't need you to act as a broadcaster.

Quote:

some folk may not read/watch the news or they may miss it and my updates help keep them informed :p

How can you keep anyone informed, all your posts and threads prove is that you are the most ill-informed poster on here.

How many times just in this thread have you done a complete U turn?

U turns? You're a complete, six lane roundabout!
:(