Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Anyone know about bottles? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/anyone-know-about-bottles-67160.html)

Accyexplorer 30-05-2018 07:48

Re: Anyone know about bottles?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted, I’ve been busy with work and family commitments...hope everyone’s well.

Right, I took the hound for a walk along the canal at Rishton and as I walked near the bridge at the end of bridge street I noticed a old bottle sticking out the soil (couldn’t believe my luck).

It’s pretty old (probably 1800’s), it’s embossed with “Lloyd M STUBBS RISHTON” and I was wondering if any of you had ever heard of them or know any info about it’s origin.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachment 56810

Mark2009 30-05-2018 10:21

[QUOTE=Accyexplorer;1213827]Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted, I’ve been busy with work and family commitments...hope everyone’s well.

Right, I took the hound for a walk along the canal at Rishton and as I walked near the bridge at the end of bridge street I noticed a old bottle sticking out the soil (couldn’t believe my luck).

It’s pretty old (probably 1800’s), it’s embossed with “Lloyd M STUBBS RISHTON” and I was wondering if any of you had ever heard of them or know any info about it’s origin.

The Lancashire online parish clerk project shows a marriage on 17 Sept 1894 between William Turner and Elizabeth Emma Stubbs both of Clayton Le Moors. The brides father is listed as Lloyd Stubbs, mineral water manufacturer.
Mark

ferret man 30-05-2018 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1213827)
Hi all, it’s been a while since I last posted, I’ve been busy with work and family commitments...hope everyone’s well.

Attachment 56810

if tha wants to know owt bout bottles ask Jimmy Ticker Accy Market Hall

Accyexplorer 30-05-2018 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1213833)
if tha wants to know owt bout bottles ask Jimmy Ticker Accy Market Hall

Had a few good chats with Jim about old bottle tips in the past, a top chap with time for anyone and what he’s doeant know isn’t worth knowing.
I just haven’t found the time to take it down and spend a couple of hours looking around the bits and oddities he’s accumulated.

Accyexplorer 26-10-2018 20:21

1 Attachment(s)
I wanted to share these items, they aren’t mine but they was found by a associate.
He locates old landfill sites and digs to recover forgotten items from our past (aka “a tip rat”)
Attachment 57114