Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   HELP needed (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/help-needed-67251.html)

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2015 10:09

Re: HELP needed

If you get your story into the press then people in general are good....and someone may come forward who can help you.
I feel for you and hope you can be re-homed very soon...you and your children deserve it.

roseredg 11-04-2015 10:12

Thankyou very much Margaret

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2015 10:14

Rising damp is a particular problem in older houses and as Clayton is built on clay the ground underneath the houses doesn't drain.

Earlier this year we spent a month out of our house while the problems of damp were addressed....our house is not rented so the cost was down to us...and believe me it was not cheap.

I know this doesn't help your situation, but I just wanted you to know that I understand your problem having lived through them myself.

roseredg 11-04-2015 10:18

Learn something new everyday I.didn't know Clayton was built on clay but you would think the name would give me a hint. I will phone hyndburn homes again Monday and if no luck I shall contact observer :)

MargaretR 11-04-2015 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseredg (Post 1138454)
Learn something new everyday I.didn't know Clayton was built on clay but you would think the name would give me a hint. I will phone hyndburn homes again Monday and if no luck I shall contact observer :)

The Evening Telegraph would provide a quicker response and better coverage.

I know this from when I referred Hyndburn Homes fiascoes to them in the past.

Greeny 11-04-2015 10:31

It isn't Clayton but there are a few houses to let on both Westwood St and Devonshire St Accrington. If you could move there whilst you are waiting for a Clayton move it may help you.

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2015 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseredg (Post 1138454)

Yes....that is why there was a brickworks at the top end of Clayton.
When our living room floor was taken up there was a mini stream flowing underneath......our house is at the bottom of a slight incline so the water all flows down to the bottom.

Like MargaretR, I think your best bet would be the Lancashire Telegraph and if that doesn't give Hyndburn Homes a kick in the jacksie...then I would be contacting one of the red top nationals......I'm sure they would use it to fan the political fire a bit.
Often stuff that gets into the Telegraph finds its way to the nation newspapers.

roseredg 11-04-2015 11:16

Thankyou greeny but unfortunately that is too far as I have a lot of ties with the area

Barrie Yates 11-04-2015 15:18

May I suggest that you take the letters you have and some photographs if possible into the office of Graham Jones, it is just by the traffic lights on Abbey Street.
I am sure that you will get help there, in normal times he is very helpful when people have problems with the authorities and as it is the run up to the election I am sure that will result in a speedy response.

cashman 11-04-2015 15:37

All i can tell is Graham Jones certainly was a great help to me a few years back, so i would say, well worth popping in.;)

accyman 11-04-2015 16:01

the problem with hyndburn homes is that despite no longer been council owned they still have strong ties to the council or it certainly was the case when i had problems with them which explains why depsite people such as social services getting involves and otehr agencies they still get away with doing sod all to sort issues out as serious as this.All i know is if saint vincents or any otehr housing association was been as negligent as hyndburn homes they wouldnt get off as lightly

i hope a prod from graham jones gets things sorted he does put himself out there as been against slum landlords and this is happening right under his nose and has been for some time now

g jones 11-04-2015 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseredg (Post 1138343)
Help needed
Hello, I am a single mum of a 3year old and newborn baby and currently.living in rented accommodation of hyndburn homes. I have chronic lung disease and the house myself and my two children are living in is riddled in damp and.continues to grow mould when I wipe it away.... this has led me to be hospitalized 12 times in the last 11 months due to incredible breathing difficulty. I have let the housing know and 15 weeks on I'm still waking up every night and every morning unable to breathe properly because of it. So I'm positing to ask if there are any 2bedroom houses to rent in the Clayton less moors area with immediate move in..NO damp houses please ... I can sort a payment plan for the deposit.... any advice welcomed x

Please can you email me immediately on [email protected] Graham Jones (MP&PPC). I'll do everything with my staff to help.

roseredg 11-04-2015 17:06

I have emailed you, Thankyou everyone I'll be sure to let you know how this works out.... I have to say I have very much lost faith in hyndburn homes houses after everything that has happened and posting this and reading people's stories.... I'll continue my search for a house in the hope I find a nice DAMP FREE home for me and my children

Margaret Pilkington 11-04-2015 17:31

Hope you get sorted very soon.

accyman 11-04-2015 18:03

good luck and i hope graham gets somewhere with them for you ..

i may disagree with graham on some things but cant fault him for helping where he can