Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Loose Tea. Honeybush. Rooibos ETC (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/loose-tea-honeybush-rooibos-etc-67453.html)

Restless 05-07-2015 18:00

Loose Tea. Honeybush. Rooibos ETC

Is there somewhere in Accy where I can buy loose tea such as Honeybush & Rooibos? I can buy it from Blackburn but wouldn't mind a source closer to home

Margaret Pilkington 05-07-2015 19:14

Re: Loose Tea. Honeybush. Rooibos ETC

I can't think of anywhere in Accrington that you could get these......unless the deli that used to be a pub(on Abbey St) stock such things.....might be worth going in and asking.
Most people these days prefer tea bags...I am not one of those.
I always use loose leaf tea.....and I buy it in M&S......Lord knows what I'll do when they move to rawtenstall.

Gremlin 05-07-2015 19:32

I get my loose tea from Tesco Margaret.
There are a few odd brands but I go for the Yorkshire stuff.
I took some photos in the Black Abbey deli recently for the Blind Society mag and saw a very good selection of teas and coffees.
What they were I can't remember.

Margaret Pilkington 05-07-2015 19:54

I like the M&S extra strong.
I also get loose tea from Asda, but my preference is for the M &S stuff.
I don't buy much else from them though.

shillelagh 05-07-2015 22:49

is there not a ringtons van that comes around yours? i have one he comes around every 2 weeks ...hes only just been round and wont see him now for 4 wks but they do have a website

Accyexplorer 05-07-2015 23:59

I'm going to be making a nettle infusion during the week,it's health properties are numourus....not exactly honeybush or typhoo but nettles are common and free (win win).

Margaret Pilkington 06-07-2015 06:21

Yeah, but they taste like crap!

Restless 06-07-2015 06:36

Ive ordered some rooibos and honeybush from Amazon. One was a addon item so I had to spend £20 so I ended up getting 2 bags of each :) Hopefully I will like Honeybush as much as I do Rooibos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1144055)
is there not a ringtons van that comes around yours? i have one he comes around every 2 weeks ...hes only just been round and wont see him now for 4 wks but they do have a website

I just looked at their website. They do indeed sell Rooibos. Its finer than the stuff that i have ordered from Amazon. When I have run out I will give them a try. I have tried their black tea before and it was good. Have to say he does a good pitch, But I was drinking a lot of coffee at the time and never went back to them. These days I try to limit my caffeine intake and I tried Rooibos at a whim for the price was £1 :) The teabags are very weak and so I delve into the world of loose tea. I bought a Cafetiere, I could never understand why my dad likes to have tea leaves inside the cup as he drinks it! so did my friends mum when we were kids. I always forgot and choked on the leaves :D

Accyexplorer 06-07-2015 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1144061)
Yeah, but they taste like crap!

Quite right M,however if you fancy the health benefits of a cup of nettle tea but don’t like the taste, adding lemon or honey will make your cuppa more palatable.
Additionally, other herbs or leaves can be blended along with the nettle leaves to create a custom tea.
It could be used alongside honeybush or any other tea to help mask the taste.

Margaret Pilkington 06-07-2015 07:19

No thanks.....I will forego the health benefits in favour of taste.
Heck I don't even like the taste of Camomile tea.
I like my tea to be strong and flavoursome.....I don't like honey and will only use it when a heavy cold has annihilated my taste buds.

Margaret Pilkington 06-07-2015 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 1144062)
Ive ordered some rooibos and honeybush from Amazon. One was a addon item so I had to spend £20 so I ended up getting 2 bags of each :) Hopefully I will like Honeybush as much as I do Rooibos.

I just looked at their website. They do indeed sell Rooibos. Its finer than the stuff that i have ordered from Amazon. When I have run out I will give them a try. I have tried their black tea before and it was good. Have to say he does a good pitch, But I was drinking a lot of coffee at the time and never went back to them. These days I try to limit my caffeine intake and I tried Rooibos at a whim for the price was £1 :) The teabags are very weak and so I delve into the world of loose tea. I bought a Cafetiere, I could never understand why my dad likes to have tea leaves inside the cup as he drinks it! so did my friends mum when we were kids. I always forgot and choked on the leaves :D

I have my tea brewed in my pot and the tea tastes better the further down the pot you go.
I never forget that there are leaves at the bottom.
If my daughter and I are having a pot of tea then sometimes I would use a teapot, but she likes her tea even stronger than I like mine.....so frequently I brew in the mug.

Hill Walker 06-07-2015 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1144065)
I have my tea brewed in my pot and the tea tastes better the further down the pot you go.
I never forget that there are leaves at the bottom.
If my daughter and I are having a pot of tea then sometimes I would use a teapot, but she likes her tea even stronger than I like mine.....so frequently I brew in the mug.

Now that sounds like a proper cup of tea. The stuff that powered the Industrial Revolution and put iron in your bones from the spoons it dissolved.

:alright:

Margaret Pilkington 06-07-2015 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill Walker (Post 1144099)
Now that sounds like a proper cup of tea. The stuff that powered the Industrial Revolution and put iron in your bones from the spoons it dissolved.

:alright:

Well mine doesn't melt spoons but my daughters does...a mouse can tapdance on mine while a baby could tapdance on hers :D

Restless 07-07-2015 19:43

Well I received the honeybush today and either I am brewing it incorrectly or it is utterly disgusting. Not getting any sense of natural sweetness or likeness to honey

Margaret Pilkington 07-07-2015 20:03

Have you had this tea before Rob?
Was it naturally sweet then?
I have heard of Rooiboos(that is redbush) tea, but never heard of Honeybush.
I have googled it and it is supposed to taste like hot apricot jam......which sounds lovely. The health benefits(if they are true) sound great too.
Seems like there a re a few varieties.
Have a look at this Rob.

How to brew Honeybush Tea?. | The TeaCupany