Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   I'm a bit stuck (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/im-a-bit-stuck-68364.html)

boxermum 15-07-2016 00:56

I'm a bit stuck

:help: can anyone tell me where I can buy ' syrup of figs'?... I believe it went off the shelves last year
( because of some EU issues) and now I can only find it online.:pain30:
Getting kinda desperate.......thanks if you can help..

Margaret Pilkington 15-07-2016 07:03

Re: I'm a bit stuck

It still appears on Morrisons online grocery store.
It is on the Boots online store too...so maybe it can be obtained in the larger branches....or maybe you could go into the one in Accrington and order it to,be sent to that branch.
Goes under the brand name of Califig and is £5.95 for a 100 mls.
I hope this helps.

cashman 15-07-2016 07:44

Calfig is just an abbreviation for California Syrup of Figs.:)never realized it was hard to get these days,good stuff imho

taddy 15-07-2016 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermum (Post 1172470)
:help: can anyone tell me where I can buy ' syrup of figs'?... I believe it went off the shelves last year
( because of some EU issues) and now I can only find it online.:pain30:
Getting kinda desperate.......thanks if you can help..

If you are really stuck, buy a can of Prunes, warm them up and if you don't like them on their own add a little custard or a dollop of ice cream, don't forget to remove the stones! (they will certainly give you a good run for your money).;);)

Margaret Pilkington 15-07-2016 19:00

Or eat dried figs...or apricots...they both make a road through.

taddy 15-07-2016 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1172515)
Or eat dried figs...or apricots...they both make a road through.

Ha, Ha, I like it,(I also like stewed prunes).

boxermum 15-07-2016 20:45

Thanks for that Teddy, already done the prunes.Might try Margarets dried fruits,if they don't work does anyone know where I can get some dynamite.!!
Oh, and then I'll need a bloody good plumber.ahem!

Margaret Pilkington 15-07-2016 22:08

Send someone out for some glycerine suppositories......push two of them into your bottom(moisten with water first to make inserting them easier).....then wait for ten or fifteen minutes before going to the loo.
Often constipation is because you are not taking in enough fibre, but also you need to drink plenty of water too.

Other than this a trip to your GP is sensible to check out if there is any underlying cause for your situation.....and they would also be able to give you something on prescription(fybogel or movicol ).
Constipation is very uncomfortable. I hope your problem eases soon.

boxermum 15-07-2016 23:34

Thanks Margaret,I'm trying movicol (on docs advice)..you are right it's very uncomfortable. Hoping for a result soon.still gonna try your dried fruit though.watch this space.....

boxermum 15-07-2016 23:41

Thanks for that Margaret.taking movicol ( docs advice)hoping for some relief soon .
Yes, very uncomfortable....what a subject Eh!, watch this space.thanks for all advice from all members.

taddy 16-07-2016 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermum (Post 1172523)
Thanks for that Teddy, already done the prunes.Might try Margarets dried fruits,if they don't work does anyone know where I can get some dynamite.!!
Oh, and then I'll need a bloody good plumber.ahem!

o/k,but the name is Taddy,;);)

Michael1954 17-07-2016 16:49

Salmon paste sandwiches always gets me going.

MrPastry 18-07-2016 12:04

Guilty pleasure Hollands Guinness pies oh moother!

KiTChener 18-07-2016 20:40

I
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 1172607)
Salmon paste sandwiches always gets me going.

I've had fresh Atlantic salmon, new potatoes & carrots for tea, & it got me going!!

WHY?

Anybody know??

Margaret Pilkington 18-07-2016 21:15

I think there is always some sort of food that each individual knows will make their internal workings move.......I(thankfully) do not have any problems in that department but I was terribly constipated when I was expecting my daughter.....it was all the blooming iron pills that they fed you. Pontefract cakes used to be my standy if the need arose...good job I was partial to them.

I hope boxermum has managed to getherself sorted out.....if not there might just be an explosion any day soon.