Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Imperial pub (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/imperial-pub-68385.html)

Gremlin 25-07-2016 17:42

Imperial pub

I think the pub was the Imperial but it's on the corner of King Street and Blackburn road.
My question is "What has it been turned into"?
It looks like a lot of money has been poured into the place to renovate and sandblast.

I was told by somebody in the shop today it was government funded but that's only hearsay.

Less 25-07-2016 17:52

Re: Imperial pub

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1173065)
I think the pub was the Imperial but it's on the corner of King Street and Blackburn road.
It looks like a lot of money has been poured into the place to renovate and sandblast.

I was told by somebody in the shop today it was government funded but that's only hearsay.

Well, what do you mean by Government funded?

By the way which shop?

Quote:

Gremlin 25-07-2016 18:02

I've no idea what they meant Less, They just said they had heard it was Government funded and I said it was only hearsay.
I was just asking if any forum member had any idea.
I have searched the planning sites on line but have not come across anything. It's probably a while since they were published if it change of use.

I should have said "a shop" not "the shop".
The "shop" being the Skipton building society.

Less 25-07-2016 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1173070)
I've no idea what they meant Less, They just said they had heard it was Government funded and I said it was only hearsay.
I was just asking if any forum member had any idea.
I have searched the planning sites on line but have not come across anything. It's probably a while since they were published if it change of use.

I should have said "a shop" not "the shop".
The "shop" being the Skipton building society.

Not really a problem, I was just saving you from a smart arse comment from some person such as me.;)

As for Government funded, if it was pre-brexit we'll never see the same again!:eek:

Gremlin 25-07-2016 18:26

I'd still be interested in what its function will be when it re-opens.
For no other reason than I go past once a week and I saw the boarding being removed and I'm a nosy so and so.
I'd never been in the pub.

maxthecollie 25-07-2016 22:11

I heard a rumour about it being turned into flats

boxermum 27-07-2016 03:59

I believe it was a popular and good pub a while ago,then it became a regular for the Irish community and fights were always on the menu.
I heard the same rumour as maxthecollie,possibly to be turned into flats Hopefully more up market than the ones down Edgar Street.

Mog 27-07-2016 07:11

The weekend just gone I stayed at Pilkintons Hotel over the road from the old Imperial. The lady from the hotel said they are going to be flats.

wadey 28-07-2016 09:38

A PLANNING application has been submitted to Hyndburn Borough Council to convert part of the former public house The Imperial on Blackburn Road.

Applicant Mr David Greenblatt of Newgreen Estates, Prestwich, proposed a change of use to the site which would see the ground floor of the building converted into four residential apartments.

The office at the now vacant ground floor of the pub, situated at 122 Blackburn Road, Accrington, would be turned into a bike store under current plans.

LET 210316

Gremlin 28-07-2016 09:48

Thank you wadey.
I wonder if there will be allocated parking nearby.
I wouldn't want to cycle around Accrington, it's like whacky racers.

keith higson 03-08-2016 01:27

Quote:

If my memory serves me correctly (mind you its over 50yrs since I lived in Accrington) "The Imperial" pub was on Blackburn Rd on the Church Side of the Railway Viaduct, next to Joe Mortimers Dance Hall .:dancedog:

cashman 03-08-2016 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith higson (Post 1173627)
If my memory serves me correctly (mind you its over 50yrs since I lived in Accrington) "The Imperial" pub was on Blackburn Rd on the Church Side of the Railway Viaduct, next to Joe Mortimers Dance Hall .:dancedog:

Nah Keith twas further on,same side but top of King St, Next to Joe Morts was The Big Crown.;)

Barrie Yates 03-08-2016 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1173635)
Nah Keith twas further on,same side but top of King St, Next to Joe Morts was The Big Crown.;)

Spot on Cashy

keith higson 05-08-2016 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1173635)

Well cut my legs off and call me shorty fancy mistaking the two pubs. Thanks Boys for correcting mistake. I never drank at the imperial and as for The Big Crown I was thrown out or asked to leave quite a few times.

PS I have just " googled" the area, its changed dramatically since I once roamed the pubs etc. Ah sweet memories I never thought that I would miss the old town after 52 years away. You can take the boy out of the town but never the town out of the boy.

cashman 05-08-2016 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith higson (Post 1173784)
Well cut my legs off and call me shorty fancy mistaking the two pubs. Thanks Boys for correcting mistake. I never drank at the imperial and as for The Big Crown I was thrown out or asked to leave quite a few times.

PS I have just " googled" the area, its changed dramatically since I once roamed the pubs etc. Ah sweet memories I never thought that I would miss the old town after 52 years away. You can take the boy out of the town but never the town out of the boy.

That would be Bernard that threw yeh out,?:D Frank took oer from him about 50 yrs ago i think.