Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Whatever Has Happened To Sausages? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/whatever-has-happened-to-sausages-71822.html)

taddy 04-08-2021 17:21

Re: Whatever Has Happened To Sausages?

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1255745]Most serpently! Conspiracies abound my dear Tadster, you need to check your Ale mate, it's called Hobgoblin for a reason, come closer while I whisper you the horrible truth ..... come on, come here, lean in a bit (quick shufty round the room ...ok) it's distilled Hobby widdle mate .... shush shush, don't go spitting it all over the shop, yeah a fella down the boozer told me & he "worked" for the "Sunday Sport" so it must be true!

Oh, what a cracker, this must be the best post that I have ever heard since I decided to try to be less of a Luddite and at least (try) to join the modern day society, which I am not doing to well at; please keep them coming. I have not given you a (like) because other folk reckon that I am trying to hog the limelight.

DaveinGermany 04-08-2021 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1255746)
I know the guy your talking about!
Well, when I say I it’s not someone I’ve actually met but a mate of my cousins ex wife’s tarot card reader has dreamed about him.
And he reckons that guy from the Sunday Sport had his own pencil sharpener supplied by the company, a rumour was started that he broke the blade putting the rubber end of the pencil in by mistake.

Eggzakerly!! That's him! Or should that be Edd Sackerly? Yeah well, whatever, that's him right enough. :D

Less 04-08-2021 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1255749)
Eggzakerly!! That's him! Or should that be Edd Sackerly? Yeah well, whatever, that's him right enough. :D

Edd Sackerly was the name he used in the paper when disreporting events, in real life his name was (deleted by moderators).

DaveinGermany 04-08-2021 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by taddy (Post 1255748)
I have not given you a (like) because other folk reckon that I am trying to hog the limelight.

Neither here or there to me bud, if it makes folk chuckle, sends the thread off on tangents & gets folk joining in with the foolishness & frivolity ...... well all the better says I. :)

Less 04-08-2021 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1255751)
Neither here or there to me bud, if it makes folk chuckle, sends the thread off on tangents & gets folk joining in with the foolishness & frivolity ...... well all the better says I. :)

I gave that a like because it fits in with the way I run my life.

DaveinGermany 04-08-2021 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1255750)
(deleted by moderators).

That seems to be quite a popular name does that, along with Aywaytin Moderashun (sounds a bit foreign to me, must be from down south somewhere)

DaveinGermany 04-08-2021 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1255752)
I gave that a like because it fits in with the way I run my life.

Ooh, check us out, they'll be telling us to get a room next!

:oke2:time to "Go poke the woke!" :D

cashman 04-08-2021 18:34

all i know is i never buy sausages or bacon from supermarket cos they are crap and full of water. always get em from butchers except once when my butcher was away, so i proved it to myself then.

Less 04-08-2021 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill Walker (Post 1255739)
Just been down to the supermarket and took a moment or two to look at sausages. I didn't find any that suggested you should not prick them. In fact by comparison with other products there was in general little advice given, mainly can/cannot freeze, make sure cooked all the way through. Didn't look at all the sausages but did look at enough to suggest 'don't prick' advice was rare if existant at all in this supermarket.

So, we have a right little doubting Thomas to deal with have we?

Just because you haven't found sausages with cooking instructions about not pricking your banger doesn't mean there aren't sausages in that category.
What did you think? Less made it up on the spare of the moment just because he was bored?

Well yes I was bored and AccyWeb as usual could do with a boost be it factual or banal, so after reading these instructions I posted them on site as a fact because they exist, my imagination isn't good enough to invent such a topic.

Below is a link with the instructions mentioned:-

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/280011075

If you look under 'Cooking Precautions' You will find what I said.

I apologise if this thread doesn't meet with your approval and finish with suggesting you start a thread yourself that meets your high standards.

It would make a nice change from everyone else doing the hard work for you.

taddy 05-08-2021 08:08

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255727]Unless a sausage is guaranteed organic, the casings are synthetic...man made...usually from collagen.

I thought that I had heard somewhere that the skins on some bangers were man made, (sorry ladies, people made) but what is the synthetic material that is used?

taddy 05-08-2021 08:18

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1255751]Neither here or there to me bud, if it makes folk chuckle, sends the thread off on tangents & gets folk joining in with the foolishness & frivolity ...... well all the better says I.

I have changed my mind and given you a well deserved like anyway,it is only one click of the rodent button and as I said it is the best post That I have seen on Accy Web.

Margaret Pilkington 05-08-2021 09:32

[QUOTE=taddy;1255762]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1255727)
Unless a sausage is guaranteed organic, the casings are synthetic...man made...usually from collagen.

I thought that I had heard somewhere that the skins on some bangers were man made, (sorry ladies, people made) but what is the synthetic material that is used?

I don’t know exactly what the man made (I have no problems with this terminology)portion of the skin is....but it includes collagen which is a naturally occurring protein....present in the connective tissue of mammals.

taddy 05-08-2021 09:44

Below is a link with the instructions mentioned:-

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...ucts/280011075

If you look under 'Cooking Precautions' You will find what I said.

I have just "Googled", the above, it does not make nice reading; Ingredients, quote, Calcium Lactate, Disodium Diphosphate, Tetrasodium Diphosphate, Sodium Metabisulphate, Filled into Aliginate casings, (SKINS), my words. now then, what is Alginate? further googling came up with this, Quote, "with Alginate, meats can be (reconstucted) to resemble traditional cuts".
it is also used in wound dressings and is made primarily from seaweed.
Enjoy, your meal old lad

taddy 05-08-2021 09:47

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1255773][QUOTE=taddy;1255762]

I don’t know exactly what the man made (I have no problems with this terminology)portion of the skin is....but it includes collagen which is a naturally occurring protein....present in the connective tissue of mammals.

Thanks Marge.

Margaret Pilkington 05-08-2021 09:48

This is one of the reasons that I rarely eat sausages (though I do cook them for the old feller..he likes them)...and if I do have them....I remove the skins once they are cooked.