Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 23:31   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Absent parents

true stan, but as the largest % falls into that category, it would be a damn good starting point? the self employed who surely must be in the minority thats an obstacle to be overcome somehow.
Old 07-06-2007, 23:50   #17
Senior Member+

My daughter's husband turned self-employed as soon as he left her eighteen months ago. He still goes to work in the same place for the same working hours. She hasn't received a penny from him in all that time and is struggling to look after three young children.

He thinks that he is beyond reproach and I reckon naming and shaming would work in his case. Bring it on!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:52   #18
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
Personally I think that all acounts should be made available and this would stop the cash in had jobs paid into new partners account. and allow direct debits set up to the resident parent (not all non resident parents are blokes).
It sounds like someone is/was a CSA employee

It works two ways, my ex started working without telling anyone. I am happy with what I pay so have left it as is for quite a while now. I think the last thing either of us (myself and ex) want is for the CSA to start interfering again and mess everything up.

You can't ever stop the cash in hand jobs unless you get rid of cash. Then people will do work for other forms of payment anyway. If I earned any extra cash I would not pay it into a bank account at all. It would not be hard to not get caught out.

I totally agree that non resident parents should pay for their children. I do not agree with how the CSA operates. I have dealt with many professional and very competent people at the CSA. Unfortunately they are usually higher up the chain of command and many of the people you speak to on the front line, answering the phones, are often of little use if you have a problem. I pay by direct debt straight into my ex-wifes bank account. Just because someone forget to tell the computer that I pay directly, the CSA computer decided I had not paid for 12 months so it automatically sent out a detachment of earnings order to my company who did as instructed and took the money form me. That meant she was paid twice. This was sorted out and then happened again 12 months later. All because someone did not tick the correct box. Lets see what happens in 6 months form now. An interesting point is that these 2 deduction of earnings orders where actually illegal as I was not in debt and had paid what they said I had not. SO what happens to the CSA when they break the law? Nothing.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:00   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I have dealt with many professional and very competent people at the CSA. Unfortunately they are usually higher up the chain of command and many of the people you speak to on the front line, answering the phones, are often of little use if you have a problem.

You want to try making a claim as a bloke with some of these front line operatives. The way they sepak down to you because you dare to break the 'only men leave their families' stereotype is amazing. First one I spoke to 5 years ago took quite a while to realise that I shouldn't be paying maintenance for my daughter
Old 08-06-2007, 08:14   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It sounds like someone is/was a CSA employee

No Neil never have worked for CSA or never wil. I work for a different part of the DWP but as a TU rep have a lot of dealings with the staff there so know how frustrated they are with cr*p IT and a management that is only stats oriented.

I can also empathise with parents who face up to thdir responsibilities yet the IT won't accept it. I also sympathise with parents who are receiving very little if anything whilst the absent parent still earns a good wage but just abuses their responsibilities. I would say anything that can get them to face up to their responsibilities is a worthwile tool. (In this case I do believe that the end justifies the means).
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..