Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2007, 21:02   #1

Accrington auctions?

This might sound a bit daft, but my friend said she had a leaflet through the door advertising auctions for Accrington!

We were discussing the pros and cons of Ebay and she mentioned this other site but the dog had chewed the leaflet and she couldn't read the website - anyone have any ideas?
MissTechnophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2007, 21:05   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington auctions?

This wouldn't be the shop that put things on ebay for you and took a cut of the profits would it?

Think Willow posted something about it ages ago if it's that one.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2007, 21:07   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

auctions in the old days was up St James street,just past the baths, then i seem to remember auctions round the back abbey street area,dont know if they are still there, sure someone on here will know for sure.
Old 17-03-2007, 23:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
auctions in the old days was up St James street,just past the baths, then i seem to remember auctions round the back abbey street area,dont know if they are still there, sure someone on here will know for sure.
i think both auctions are closed have been for a few yrs now
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 08:09   #5
Resident Waffler

That shop is/was on Bank St. I haven't been round there for ages so I don't know if it's still open. I notice the Internet Cafe didn't last long.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2007, 20:32   #6

Ah right wonder if its that she was on about - a trading assistant in other words! Thanks guys
MissTechnophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 18:52   #7

Wonder if it meant Hyndburn re-cycle group at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hyndburnfreecycle/
TubbyLes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 00:10   #8
Resting in peace

The last auctions they held in Accrington were on the estate on Electricity St off Hyndburn Road near ASDA.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 16:39   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
The last auctions they held in Accrington were on the estate on Electricity St off Hyndburn Road near ASDA.
I remember going to this place was a good little auction viewing during the day so you could put all the things you wanted into one box and just bid on that one.

Dont think we have any local ones three is one at blackburn IIRC near the fire station..

Hyndburn FreeCycle is good, fills my inbox with load of tat though.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..