Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2011, 14:24   #1

Accrington Childminders? or recommended nurseries?

Before I get told off for starting a new thread on childminding I have searched previous ones but these go back to 2007. Slightly out of date. And I need information relevant to now, so if you know of any childminders/nurseries in accrington preferably near peel park / ave parade / Burnley rd area please let me know, I've searched all over and I can find lots in ozzy but none in accy? Surely I'm missing something, and I'm not paying 19.99 for a 3 month subscription to childcare.co.uk to get telephone numbers??!

The age of the child will.be around 11 months, to start in Sept '11. For an AM.session 8am/8:30am - 12:30pm

Everyone's help will be much appreciated!.
Old 16-05-2011, 14:36   #2
God Member

Re: Accrington Childminders? or recommended nurseries?

one of the best ways is to go and speak to the childminders stood outside schools at kicking out time, if you aim for teh school that you eventually want teh child to attend then you know they already collect there. I will ask the lady who looks after our children if she knows anyone in that area as well for you.

Ian

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 14:38   #3

Ta for that!
Old 16-05-2011, 15:40   #4
Senior Member+

Hi there, its slightly further afield (but only slightly!) but my daughter goes to one of the local sure start nurseries, The Willows, which is based at Christchurch Church just off the bottom of manchester road near the old fire station. She's been there since she was 9 months old and she loves it. I can highly recommend them. The phone number to ring to check availability is 01254 387757, this will get you through to the main centre (the Park) at Norfolk Grove as all enquiries and administration is done there.

Hope this helps
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 18:41   #5
God Member

spoke to our CM, she will either post them herself later or get teh people themselves top come on here and post up....

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 13:21   #6
Junior Member+

hi, Im a childminder in Accrington. I have a vacancy coming up in September, which i have just started to advertise. If your interested, i will ring you. Just send me a message. Rose
rosehol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 13:35   #7
God Member

We use an excellent childminder who has many years of childcare experience, she lives towards the bottom of avenue parade, I`m not sure exactly what vacancies she has but i know she has some coming up for the summer and beyond, I will pm you her details.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..